I feel so bad ...

Natty_babez

Alexa-Jayne & Daisy-Mae
Reaction score
I posted a thread yesterday about headaches I've had them constantly since being about 2 months pregnant and they are getting worse not better. I've had blood tests done and they've come back fine which I should be happy about but I've just been on the phone to my mum crying and I feel so bad.

We lost a baby last year so this baby is very much wanted and I am so happy and grateful I'm in the position I am but these headaches are really getting me down they are there constantly I wake up with them and go to sleep with them and they're so painful and they are making me feel so ill now. When I finish work at 1 I go home and go straight to bed I then get up go get my little girl from school and then when she's in bed I have a small tea and then go back to bed again.

I feel so bad for getting so upset about them as I don't want to seem ungrateful for this blessing but it's really getting me down now I just want them to go away and for me to feel "normal" again and enjoy this pregnancy.

Xxx

Oh bless you hun, sounds awful. I had headaches in first tri but not to this extreme... Are the drs going to do any more investigations? Did they check your bp?
Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and don't be afraid to take paracetamol- they may not make a huge difference but might just take the edge off them.
Really hope you can get to the bottom of why it's happening.

Hugs hun, have you seen your gp/midwife about it again since the tests? If it's not going away surely they can give you pregnancy safe yet strong painkillers to help... I agree with above poster and drink as much water as you can each day x

Hugs. That is so difficult. I seem to remember my migraines peaking around 18 weeks last time. Sometimes there's nothing to do but survive. I hope your headaches pass soon.

I feel for you. I am in the same position. I have constant migraines and have done for 3 weeks now. Are you still going to work? Go to the doctor and get signed off so you can have a break and relax. My doctor signed me off, gave me medicine for the nausea that comes with the headaches, and told me I need to rest. She said its hormonal but stress and upset will prolong and worsen them.

It is really getting me down too. I can't really do or enjoy anything because I'm constantly in pain.

I'm in the same boat. Weeks of constant headaches and I feel like I'm barely existing with my three other kids, house work etc. The doctors have given me codeine to help me at least get a good nights sleep so might be worth asking for something other than paracetamol. Maybe you can get signed off work for a brief period too, to allow your body to slow down a bit and recover.

:hugs:

Thanks everyone I've got an appointment with my midwife on the 28th so I was going to mention it to her when I saw her because I wasn't sure the doctors could do anymore .... I am tempted to try and go back though coz it's unbearable. My mum has got me some of that 4head stuff you put on your head and I tried it about an hour ago and it made my head go really cold and the pain seemed to ease a little but then I started to sweat and feel really sick and needed to sit down not sure if it was related as all you do is rub that on your head.

The doctor has said a few times about signing me of work but I haven't been at this job very long I only started in March so I'm paranoid about having any time of I had a few days of when the headaches first started but that was it.

As far as I know my blood pressure is fine and all the bloods came back fine so I'm wondering whether it's something I'm going to have to try and put up with. I'm just feeling so down when really I should be enjoying this. I'm also super paranoid as well convinced something is wrong even though I've had no bleeding or pains !!! I'm just not enjoying this pregnancy yet like I did with my little girl n I hate moaning about it

Xxx

sorry to hear that! i'm in the same situation as you. started getting awful migraines a few times a week around 8 weeks and now at 26 weeks they are still going strong. luckily tylenol fixes them somewhat but gosh i cant wait until this baby is out

I have been to the doctors today as I woke with agonising ear ache and I've got sinitus and an inner ear infection. He's prescribed me amoxycillin for a week and said this will sort the earache and also should *fingers crossed* ease or stop the headaches as well. I'm praying this helps as right now i feel so poorly and going to work is agony I'm considering not going in tomorrow to give me tomorrow and the weekend to hopefully start feeling better

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->