I feel terrible

jac4315

Married since 4/3/15
Reaction score
I feel awful for being upset, I've literally been in tears all day. I convinced myself before that either way i would be happy for a healthy either... But when I heard girl today, I felt heartbroken. I've always wanted a little boy. I'm not a pink dressy dramatic kind of girl and was dying for a boy, idk. I know I should be happy she's healthy and that God has blessed us with This little one as I know many people can't have children. I'm trying, I just had no desire to even look at girl clothes today when my mom and I went shopping. I thought they were all so weird and ugly. :(

:hugs: im sure you'll absolutely love her when she arrives. My sister dresses my niece mostly in boys clothes lol that's just what my niece likes, shes not a girly girl and they all go fishing most weekends, have motor bikes etc. I agree that some girls stuff can just be way ott filly and silly but ive found some nice stuff for my little girl who is due in just over a week. I have 3 boys so its very strange ( but nice for me ) to be shopping for a girl.

Having had one of each I can honestly tell you that when they are small there is no real 'gender'. My girl is eighteen months and I dress her in leggings and a nice top or jeans and a nice top. Often I have her in blue etc. You don't have to go mad on the pink or frills. She's also just as hyper as her brother. She climbs everything. Isn't afraid to get messy etc.

My son loves dolls and tries to put my makeup on all the time but also loves playing with toy swords and scooby doo etc.

Remember every kid is totally different regardless of gender.

I do know how you feel though I had GD with my first XX

Maybe your little girl will be just like you! There is no rule that says you have to dress her in pink and lace. Maybe you can find a fun, sassy, gender neutral name for her and decorate her room in blue, green, and yellow. When people give you pink clothes, return them for whatever you want. That's what I did. Our daughters have dinosaurs, trucks, legos, and their rooms are painted blue and green. The cutest little girl at my school a few years ago was always wearing soccer shorts, t-shirts, and had messy tangled hair. I am probably middle of the road when it comes to "girlie" and at the moment both my girls are wearing frilly dress-up dresses and running around the house. An hour ago they had super hero capes and masks on.
You will love your daughter for who she is, no matter what, and you will be the exact momma she is supposed to have. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Thanks everyone - I'm doing a little better now. I don't know what my problem was/is. Just had an emotional break down and couldn't stop crying. Trying to look at girl stuff to make it more real, I just still feel somehow it's a boy. I know we will love her no matter what and I'm so happy she's healthy and growing great...just can't get over this odd feeling like we lost a little boy. We plan on having more too. I just wish I wasn't such a mess about it. I'm actually a little scared about the gender reveal Saturday. Stinkin hormones. :cry::wacko:

Thanks everyone - I'm doing a little better now. I don't know what my problem was/is. Just had an emotional break down and couldn't stop crying. Trying to look at girl stuff to make it more real, I just still feel somehow it's a boy. I know we will love her no matter what and I'm so happy she's healthy and growing great...just can't get over this odd feeling like we lost a little boy. We plan on having more too. I just wish I wasn't such a mess about it. I'm actually a little scared about the gender reveal Saturday. Stinkin hormones. :cry::wacko:

i sorta feel the same way about my baby boy. I have two girls and just can't get my head around this boy business. We shopped a little for some boy clothes and I couldn't get excited about it. He will be our only son, and the only grandson on both sides of our family. Everyone is very happy and it just feels strange to me. I know it will all fall into place when I finally meet him. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing him at our 20 week scan- hoping that will make me feel closer to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->