I feel weird for feeling like this.

S

Serene123

I am soooooo proud of my little girl, but I feel so pressured! I know she is really clever, but she might not always be? Does that make sense? Like she has been forward in some things but that doesn't mean she's going to walk early or talk early and I feel pressured about it.... I can't really explain it.. I feel like I have to keep her ahead when I'd rather just leave her to do things at her own pace.

I am stupid for feeling like this, I know. But I can't help it..

I know exactly how you feel, i feel like this too like i am not doing enough or stimulating her enough.

I don't have any advice though but i can sympathise.

your doing great and so is caitlin! Everything will happen in time, whether its early or late it doesnt have any meaning on how smart or not smart she is.

wowser...relax.

as long as our kids are happy and do their best, thats all that matters.. it's a little early for being an overly pushy parent :rofl:
what a miserable life that would be for her- if she always felt she couldnt live up to your hopes..
relax, you're wastign energies stressing.

it's not my hopes... i want her to learn things at her own pace.. it's everyone else! "she'll be walking soon" "she'll be talking soon" blah...

I think you need to chill. You are putting wayyyyy too much pressure on your little girl.

My daughter is advanced in everything, but when that slows down, so be it. I would rather her not walk and talk and all of that yet.

Seriously, all the girls have said it to you in here. Enjoy her while she is young

because soon for most people thinking about babies is months... not weeks! dont take their comments so seriously hun!

:dohh:

I don't care when she walks and talks, I just feel like because she was forward, they expect her to be doing everything else early.. I don't want her to. I want her to stay how she is for a looooooooong time.. It just feels like if she isn't doing the other stuff early then they'll think it's my fault..

I won't.. I know babies learn at their own pace, I just feel pressured!

I know what you mean, I felt the same myself for a while. My aunts baby can say "Ta" when being handed things. But Kyle says nothing and is almost 2 months older. So im always asked if hes not talking yet. We just have to remind ourselves they do things when they want and are ready xx

i always get "she should be crawling now shouldnt she" errrr no, not if she doesnt want too!

yes toria, i know exactly what you mean. fin's really forward in some aspects. people have said oh he'll be talking properly and walking by 9 months.... hmmm... i don't think so but thanks for making me feelbad. ha ha!! xx

:dohh:

I don't care when she walks and talks, I just feel like because she was forward, they expect her to be doing everything else early.. I don't want her to. I want her to stay how she is for a looooooooong time.. It just feels like if she isn't doing the other stuff early then they'll think it's my fault..

I won't.. I know babies learn at their own pace, I just feel pressured!

tell those people how you feel. just a casual "ahh, she'll do things when she's ready"...if you act like you dont care eventually it might really happen.

It's really hard...and so easy to feel like your baby needs to do things quickly all the time. I know that with Alasdair I totally don't want to feel like it...and I just want him to be happy and learn things at his own pace but at the same time whenever I read about or see other babies I can't help but be desperate for him to do things quicker. Mostly because I feel like if he doesn't, people will think badly of him or me.

I think Mummys worry too much...

teddy still doesnt roll over. but i genuinely dont care. i'm happy for him to sty little for now. i know he's clever and happy so he'll do it when he's good and ready. whats a few weeks or months when it comes to a whole lifetime of being able to roll about?!:rofl: just an example.

it's not my hopes... i want her to learn things at her own pace.. it's everyone else! "she'll be walking soon" "she'll be talking soon" blah...

:hug: ignore everyone. I used to get "oh my God, she is not crawling yet" before she was crawling, and it used to annoy me... All you can do is hope that you are doing your best teaching her new things-and I am sure you are doing wonderfully! We don't need to worry about the pressures that everyone around us is giving-especially since they either don't have kids, or their kids are older and they do not remember everything down to a T. :hug:

:hugs: oh toria, i understand, its almost like others put pressure on you, i often feel like i'm judged as a mum by what maddi does, it can be hard honey :hugs: you're doing great! x

I really would let their comments go over your head. I know how you feel tho but i think i sometimes pressure myself, nicole walked at 9mths but callum has only just started walking at 13mths and he's not even doin it properly yet and i shouldnt let it bother me but it does sometimes but on the other hand he is getting quite good at talking.

She'll do everything in her own time and just because she's done some things ealry on doesnt mean it'll always be like that. x

That's what I mean, just because she did some things early, doesn't mean she will do everything early. But it's almost like they expect it now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->