I feel weird for feeling like this.

That's what I mean, just because she did some things early, doesn't mean she will do everything early. But it's almost like they expect it now..

people always feel the need to comment sometimes toria :hugs: drives me mad tbh :hugs: try not to let them make you feel pressured, easier said than done i no :hugs::hugs:

I also have strange feelings. I want my boy to do things as quickly as possible. Its not so I can brag about him or anything, I just want to know that everything is alright. I'm scared of things like autism etc. I just want a perfect healthy and normal baby, no for my sake, but for his. My heart would break if someone was wrong and he got teased by people etc. I'm propably not making sense.

Then the other side of me wishes he would slow down. Just in the last few days he has said 2 different words, has learnt to crawl not creep and he learnt to pull himself up.
I can only deal with one new thing at once.

I used to compare Dec with other kids his age and worry about it, well that was until I realised that the people bragging about their kids were more often than not lying!!!! Dec was average on doing most things, but he was quite quick at walking. Let me tell you something Toria now that Dec is doing almost everything by himself I dont want it, alot of kids his age are just starting to walk now and he has been walking for almost 5 months, now I am thinking I wish he had waited a bit longer to walk because I would have that joy all over again now !!!! Do you see what I mean, he is starting to talk really well now and because he is so tall he is sometimes mistaken for being older and I hate it. So enjoy your baby girl dont feel because people make comments that you have to push her in any way, because tbh it wouldnt matter if you did push her she wouldnt do it till she is ready anyway. I bet the people making these comments either dont have kids or their kids are all grown up !!!!! Only listen to the people that have kids because they are the ones that will give the best advice xx

:hugs:

I used to compare ella has she basically was a slow learner from what i thought , but then as others have said ive stopped worrying , to be honest i dont want her to walk and talk :( Cant we just keep them as babies :(

I keep saying to people "she will do it when she's ready" and "I don't want her to do it anyway." So now I'm paranoid they think I'm keeping her behind because I don't want anymore babies and I want her to be a baby as long as possible! I dunno. Being a mum is confusing. I know she's perfect to me..

im not entirely sure if it was you or not but did u post a link 1 time about the normal age range of what babies do thing at....and in the article it sed by a baby ie walking at 9months doesnt make them any more forward then what a baby walking at 12 months is....as its within the normal range.
if so just shuv that in their face lol n tel em to shuv of xx

People and their opinions, eh? Argh, it drives me nuts. I'd stick with your "She'll do it when she's ready to do it" and leave it at that.

Although I do know what you mean. I worry at times that I'm not stimulating Claire enough, or if there's more that I should be doing. I'm proud of the fact that she's always been able to focus on things pretty much since birth, and has (since birth) been able to lift her head up. However, she hasn't really smiled yet, and other milestones that I've seen other LOs do at an earlier age.

Then I remind myself that she's not even a month old yet, and I should probably give her some slack. LOL :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->