I fell :(

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
I had all winter to slip and fall and did I? No, I waited for the snow to melt and the gravel to be everywhere to fall. I don't even know how I managed. I didn't trip, it's like I just went whoosh down goes the balloon.

Thankfully my hands and leg took the forced of it instinctively I suppose. Both my palms are scraped, my legs in rough shape and I cut my elbow but I don't think I hit my stomach.

I've been resting since and baby has been moving although the real test will be right when I want to go to bed, which is usually when she starts her Olympic training.

Totally stressed me out though, I was hysterical which usually isn't me unless I'm HURT. Not just banged up.

Hopefully I'm okay, Dr's office was closed and didn't want to call and me like "hey, I fell for no reason other then I'm pregnant, should I worry?" how stupid does that sound. This pregnancy is just one thing after a freaking nother

:hugs: I am sorry! Falling while pregnant is scary! So glad you didn't hit your belly and she is moving around! If you are nervous at all though, call the after hours number or er! Better to be on the safe side! But baby is very well protected in there!

I fell a couple of weeks ago and thought for sure I'd done some major damage. Somehow I landed completely on my elbow and didn't manage to hurt anything else. Still don't know how I managed to get up afterwards---think I must have been in shock!

I fell at 32 weeks straight on my stomach. Leaving the doctor's. Fell completely on the handicap ramp so not inky did I hit my stomach I hit everything. Scraped my hands feet knees arm. Everything is fine. About to deliver a 7lb boy any day now

I slipped on ice and landed on my bum/right side. Had some muscle stiffness but other than that was totally fine. :)

Although everythings probably fine i'd still go get checked out. I fell down the stairs at 28 weeks and thought i better call my hospital thinking they'd say just stay at home since i'd already felt movement but they told me to go in asap to get checked over. better safe than sorry

I think I'm okay, I'm not rushing to the hospital for a couple scrapes lol.
They'll look at me like I'm nuts

i would call your doctor office and talk to the nurse just to be safe. Mine told me when it was still winter that if i ever slipped and fell that i needed to call and go in to be checked just to make sure everything was okay. Falls can separate the placenta from your uterine wall or cause other issues.

Don't feel stupid for calling your doctor! Falls are scary. Im sure baby is fine but I would call anyway, if I fell I would call for sure. They may ask you to come in to monitor baby for a bit. When I went in for some bleeding/lack of movement everything was okay and I said I felt stupid and they told me to never feel stupid, we are protecting our babies!

I fell a few times around 23 weeks because my legs were numb and giving out from sciatica. I called my doctor to come in for the pain and mentioned falling and they had me come right in for a scan. I told them I didn't hit my belly and it wasn't a very intense fall but the sonographer said they just want to make sure she didn't get jarred down, that the sac was ok and the umbilical cord wasn't effected in anyway. Pretty much better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->