i fell :(

onemoreplease

mama to 3 under 5
Reaction score
I was carrying myiah (like I have everyday since she was born) today in her connecta doing the school run and I tripped and fell. We both hit the floor I managed to grab her head but it stil hit the floor a bit. I feel awful, she's fine and happy as usual but I feel as if I put her at risk because I was carrying her. I absolutely love wearing her and she loves it too but I'm nervous it might happen again. So now I'm thinking I might need to buy a buggy and use that instead? Not sure how she'll like it as she's never been in one but I'm worried I'll trip again. :(

Awwww :hugs: it must have been very scary, I'm utterly clumsy and know this will happen to me too sooner or later (and probably many more times!).
I just think of it as, if I tripped and fell with him in a buggy - who would catch the buggy? It could roll over or roll onto a road. You naturally protected her head and she's fine, so I'd say in that sense it's a lot safer :flower:

I tend to agree with Enola about the buggy. The other thing is we're just as likely to trip and fall carrying LO in our arms around the house and we can't stop doing that. If you both still enjoy it, keep going :hugs:

I once slipped on a leaf crossing the road and fell on my knees, her head was about an inch from the pavement. It really shook me up so I feel for you. Thing is, I get the fear with the buggy too - what if I let go on the massive hill and she rolls all the way to the bottom and into the road? What if it gets caught on the curb and tips her out? There are risks with anything. I just try to keep her head tucked in in the sling or keep my hand round her head if I've not got both hands full.

I'm glad you're both okay.

i fell over pushing the buggy once, it rolled down the hill and crashed into a lamp post. I hear loads of people comment that they couldn't wear their LO because they'd be scared of falling, i don't understand why they believe there's less chance if they've got a pushchair :shrug: you still can't really see your feet and watch every step, the pram's there :shrug:

oh and i forget to send you :hug:

Oh gosh yes, did you see that CCTV footage of a lady who let go of her buggy at a railway station and the buggy rolled off the platform under a train? Thankfully the baby was fine but it could have been very different. I'd say babywearing is just as safe as a buggy, if not safer (and I say that as somebody who does both).

That must of been so scary for you. Glad to hear Myiah is fine though. I don't think you should switch - Myiah loves being carried as you said and I can't see how a buggy would be safer. As Lu said, you might trip while carrying baby in your arms from the bedroom to the lounge room but we can't stop doing it. :flower:

:hugs:. I fell the other week - well nearly. I went to the Holy Island with my parents & had T in the moby. was walking through the carpark & my foot suddenly went from under me, I jerked myself up & sideways to stop me from falling down but twisted my ankle & jarred my poor back quite bad :(. The cause; a post had been removes in the grass carpark & the hole just left covered by grass, I never saw it!. Mummy reactions were superfast tho & I even had my hand over her head in a split second just incase we went down.

*hugs* Definitely don't stop wearing. Think if she'd been in the pushchair but fussing so you decided to pick her up.. THEN fell without the wrap for the extra support.

Thank you all for your replies they have made me feel a lot better. I'm still worried but I won't stop wearing her, just hopefully I won't fall again. Will be walking very carefully from now on.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->