I finally got an answer

lovehearts

Reaction score
so you may or may not know that originally my OH had said yes to ttc on holiday but then as the months went by and he talked about things i thought that would no longer be the case as it never sounded like kids were involved in the next couple of years plan. So anyhoo....last night we had a chat, it all started cuz i told him i was going to be on my period on holiday and that i could either go the doctors and get something to alter my cycle or go on the pill. He said i dont mind its up to you.

me: If you want me to go on the pill i will
oh: why would i?
me: well when we are on holiday we wont be using condoms
oh: so...do we use them now?
me: lol most of the time! but if we dont then theres a chance that i could fall pg on holiday
oh: so, isnt that what you want?
me: yes of corse, but its not about what I want. its about what we both want
oh: you know im not bothered
me: yes but you have got to want a baby, i dont want to have a child and you resent me for it because you wernt happy
oh: I honestly dont mind. A few things would have to change but if thats what you want
me: ok, so no condoms from may
oh: :shrug: i thought that was the plan all along
me : ok (wanted to burst with happiness)
oh: as long as its a boy :rofl: *farts and walks out the room*

(he told me in september he wanted a girl lol)

So what do you guys think? My oh is so laid back, he never says yes to anything, its always if you want. So you think this is good?

xxxxxxxx

Hello Lovely :)

Id say this is definitly a good thing! I know what you mean, blokes are never excitable or give straight answers :wacko:

All Im gunna say is...

ROLL ON MAY !! :happydance: :happydance:

:hugs:

Yeh I guess so! :)

I'd try and get him to sit down and talk properly about it.

Hello Lovely :)

Id say this is definitly a good thing! I know what you mean, blokes are never excitable or give straight answers :wacko:

All Im gunna say is...

ROLL ON MAY !! :happydance: :happydance:

:hugs:

Hiya lisa :) Looks like i will be with you in may after all :happydance: xx

Yeh I guess so! :)

I'd try and get him to sit down and talk properly about it.

this is talking properly about it, believe me! lol My bloke doesnt do anymore in depth than that im afraid!

xx

Go ahead with it. It sounds as if he's cool with everything.

If he hasn't expressed any disagreement or negative feelings to TTC in May, then why not! :) I'd probably remind him every so often so that when may comes he will definitely be ready for it x

Personally I'd just double check before doing or not doing anything as may be the case!

But it sounds good yeah - if he didn't want a baby or wanted to wait then I'm sure he'd definately make his feelings known.

Exciting! I agree with previous posts, definitely remind him before then.

That's just a guy's way of dealing with it!!! My OH was the same when we talked about having another child. He said he never wanted another one (which has been almost 4 years!) then in July he said he'd love to have another one (after seeing brothers and sister playing together while on holiday). So the journey started from there!

I think he is just as excited as you but men don't deal with things in the same way as us girls. Go on honey......get started then join us in the TTC forum!!

I've got to agree when I say that's generally blokes for you!! In my opinion most would put their foot down if they really didn't want to have children at a particular time etc. My OH is quite firm on various criteria of us TTC, haha! Sounds promising dear xx

Thank you ladies. We had another really big chat last night, about all diff things to do with a family. Childcare, money etc. He was getting really excited talking about a baby. If he was dead set against it in may he would tell me. He has always said if it happened now it would NOT be a bad thing but i think it freaks him out to think you actually have to try! lol. I dont think he realises some of the things women have to go through to get a child. Like it just happens first time (if only!!) I have explained to him many times but he is a bloke :rofl:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->