I find this pretty disheartening

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
That the search for April Jones is being stopped this month. How can they give up so easily on a little girl (or child in that case) when it's every parents nightmare, yet a dream to have their children come home to them safely.

Fair enough it's taking a mass amount of time from the local police and volunteers, but people shouldn't give up on hope. Apparently it's cost £2.3m to carry on the search for the last 6 months, but what about the McCann's? Their search has gone on for what? ... 8 years now? And that's cost the government multiple millions. Why not stop her search?

I had no idea where to put this, and I'm expecting mix reviews.

I, personally, think it's wrong and should keep looking until severe evidence has been found.

i didnt know the search was still on :s
i can understand both views in all honestly. Im pretty sure aprils case isnt a missing persons case due to her condition and the medication she needed to keep her alive??? (was it ceribal palsy??) please correct me if im wrong!!! so they are searching for a body :cry: if they were looking for a living person im sure they would infact be carrying on the search.
but i understand it from a parents point of view also, unfortunately the government don't allow for a parents point of view :(
it is terrible that there will be no closure on this case for her parents and family and the asshole who took her won't reveal her location. Im sure just because the police have withdrawn their search family friends and locls will still hold out :)

That the search for April Jones is being stopped this month. How can they give up so easily on a little girl (or child in that case) when it's every parents nightmare, yet a dream to have their children come home to them safely.

Fair enough it's taking a mass amount of time from the local police and volunteers, but people shouldn't give up on hope. Apparently it's cost £2.3m to carry on the search for the last 6 months, but what about the McCann's? Their search has gone on for what? ... 8 years now? And that's cost the government multiple millions. Why not stop her search?

I had no idea where to put this, and I'm expecting mix reviews.

I, personally, think it's wrong and should keep looking until severe evidence has been found.

I think its because April's case is a murder case, they are looking for a body where as the mccann case is still a missing persons case so they still have hope to find that person alive

Honestly I don't blame them. They cant go on indefinitely and like previously said theyre searching for a body not a missing child. Its horrible but sadly there isnt a money tree to fund it or the man power to go on another year, 2 or 3.

Tragically, it looks likely that she was thrown into a body of water (from what he was charged with) and therefore it's unlikely that they will ever find her. She could be anywhere now and it's so awful that her parents haven't got their daughter to bury but I just don't know what else they can do. I assume they wouldn't have charged the man with murder if they didn't have definitive proof. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

My heart breaks for her family, not just because their daughter could be dead but because they will never have that closure, a body to bury, a grave to visit.

I think that is every parents worst nightmare :flow:

Its aweful for the family but they cant keep searching, shes been gone so long now its very unlikely they are going to find her :(

The mcann search isnt active as in man power and money.

Honestly I don't blame them. They cant go on indefinitely and like previously said theyre searching for a body not a missing child. Its horrible but sadly there isnt a money tree to fund it or the man power to go on another year, 2 or 3.

agree with this. Sad for her parents.

:( Her poor parents...

Poor baby.

Iv had the pink ribbon as my profile picture on my FB profile pic since she went missing, hoping they would find her. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->