I get it, i have a small bump. :(

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
So, ill start off by saying im a tall gal. Im 5'10". Ive always been a healthy weight for my height, and on top of that I have had hyperemesis gravidum this entire pregnancy.

WHY do people keep telling me my bump is so small???? My fundal height is right on, my doctors reassured me its cause im tall, so my uterus has further to grow instead of popping right out. Ill be at my due date tomorrow, and all I hear is "omg you are so small, I would never have you pinned at 40 weeks!"

Like, are you implying my baby is unhealthy and small? Cause shes not! Shes a super wriggly, healthy baby. Healthier than me it seems!! I have to explain that im 5'10" and ive been SEVERELY ILL this entire time. I was in hospital for being so sick.

I still have a rather good sized bump, and its hell to move around for me lol. So why do people wanna tell me im so small/too small?

Total rant. But seriously, I tower over most women, you can SEE IM TALL!!!! :dohh::dohh::dohh:

People are so annoying to pregnant ladies. All social norms go right out the window. With my son I heard from some that I had a tiny bump and some that it was huge. Can't please anybody I guess! *eye roll*
Your little girl is nothing but healthy and it's rude of people to insinuate anything otherwise.

Yes, I had both....'my god you're so huge. That's a nine pound bruiser you have in there' to 'You're tiny. Is everything ok'. I always measured spot on. I also wanted to thump people, especially my mil who would bring up the nine pound bruiser comment every time I saw her. The best comment I had was when relatives had heard how big I was fro mmy mil but when they actually saw me they said 'Oh, you're not huge. I heard you were huge'.

Oh jeez, that's also awful. I guess I'm glad I'm not alone, but why don't people have a filter! Its so frustrating.

It's just something to say! I think a lot of non-pregnant people would think they were being complimentary. I'm always very jealous when I see a pregnant woman with a teeny bump; I'm the size of a house from about eight weeks!

People just like to say something to pregnant women, they just can't help it!

I'm the same height as you and would get told my bump was small the first time (it didn't feel so small to me though!). The next time I had my mum telling me how huge I was and asking if I was sure it wasn't twins (which was stupid as she was at one of the scans!)

Don't worry, soon the comments will be directed to your baby.. oh she is so small/big. I guess it is just small talk but it can be annoying, best not to take it too personally :)

lol thanks! I guess im just so frustrated (officially overdue now) anyone gets on my nerves lol

:hugs: I wouldn't put too much thought into it. I'm only 5'1" and I have a small bump too. My torso is not very long, but for some reason I just carry small (my fundal height is always spot on too). I have normal sized babies though! :haha:

Oh yeah I totally get it! I hated being told LO was big when he was a baby cos he wasn't in my eyes and I didn't like feeling as if he was big and clumpy and not cute, and I absolutely hate being told how big my bump is! BUT it really is just something people say because people like to comment on babies and bumps and everything related to them. TBH I have done it myself :dohh:

Hope you don't have much longer to wait BabyCleo!

It is so rude! It's like everyone suddenly looses all common sense as to what appropriate conversation is as soon as they see a pregnant woman, as if just because you are pregnant you have no feelings and cannot feel self concious. Why can't people just say 'congratulations, you look nice' if they want to comment so badly. With my twins I didn't start showing at all until 22 weeks, not an obvious bump until 25 weeks and I litterally had to carry a scan pic with me (when I wasn't in hospital) because people would say I was lying when I said I was having twins! I am 5ft 1 and was very slim then so not like I had anywhere to hide it. Fundal height measured bang on for a singleton pregnancy until I was 31 weeks and I started measuring ahead. By the time I delivered at 34 weeks I only measured 36cm so not like even when I did pop and start growing I got huge. I can see it being the opposite this time as I am a bit overweight now and have a bit of a tummy and it is starting to push out. My uterus doesn't feel very high, I can just feel it above my pelvic bone now but as it's rising up and pushing internal organs upwards, my tummy it sticking out a bit more now.

Thanks! I don't want to wait much longer :(

Someone was finally nice to me today! Asked how far along I was and when I said overdue they told me how bad they felt for me cause they were overdue with two of their babies. There was no mention of my size! I wish there was more people like that in the world!

Unfortunately I think a lot of people think it's a compliment. Stupid people. :dohh:

I laugh when this happens to me, people (who don't know the weights of my previous children, this is no. 4) are always commenting how tiny my bump is, is everything ok etc etc? I laugh and reply how all three of my babies have been almost 10lbs. They soon realise bump size has nothing to do with baby size!!!!
Hope you have a baby soon, being overdue sucks

I don't bump up until much later in pregnancy was the same with my son, at 30 weeks u still couldn't tell i was pg. I'm short 5'4. And before my son I weighed 8 stone, so didn't have anywhere t hide him. Although when i got to 40+weeks I looked.like I would topple over
Some ppl don't connect brain to mouth before speaking. Good luck. Hope u deliver healthy baby soon.

I had this both times, it annoyed me so much and really upset me the first time and made me so paranoid! but DD was born a lovely 7lb4oz and I didn't look like I'd had a baby by 8 weeks pp. so this time I just enjoyed it and said 'I know, I'm so lucky I carry small' and the same thing has happened- LO was 7lb1oz and I'm back to normal, no stretch marks or jelly belly. I wish I hadn't worried about it so much!

Thanks! That's good to hear. Its funny, I feel so huge and I think "if this is small to people, what the hell does big feel like" :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->