I give up!

S

Serene123

The Wii says I've put on 3lb since yesterday. If I ignore weighing myself all week and just go by last week and this week I have lost..... NOTHING!!! and I have given up everything :cry:

Remember that muscle weighs more. You will always gain before you start to lose. Don't give up! If the working out makes you feel good, keep doing it, it will pay off :hugs2:

can't give up cuz 1 week gain.

my wii fit was not always correct.

ive lost/gained/lost/gained on & on since beginning of oct but aint giving up.

there's hundreds reason why could have gained, too much soduim to close to weigh in, not enough water, gaining muscle mass, time of month.. List goes on.

keep up what your doing hard work is rewarded!
you said 'since yesterday' don't weigh more once a week can get yourself in should a state ive been there i couldgain 5lb but come weigh in day actually lost 2lb

my weight went up two pounds and it made me miserable.. but glad I stuck through it!

you will too! make sure you drink enough water.. it will flush off water weight you may be holding onto.. salt is evil too! :grr:

GL :hugs:

i wouldnt trust a wii to be honest, my OH weighed himself on ours didnt like the answer. Took his clothes off and had somehow gained 4lbs in that few mins :-/

i wouldnt trust a wii to be honest, my OH weighed himself on ours didnt like the answer. Took his clothes off and had somehow gained 4lbs in that few mins :-/

the feet/foot extensions are brilliant like, esp if youve got thick carpet.

Don't trust the wii hun... it says that I'm like 10 pounds heavier than I am and then the next week it will say I've lost 20 pounds. I'm only 135ish pounds, therefore losing 20 pounds in a week is impossible!

Buy a nice scale for yourself and weigh yourself at the same time of day, once a week. The results will be much more reliable. I weigh myself around 9 AM every Thursday and it works well for me! Good luck, please don't give up!!

Most people gain an initial amount of water weight when beginning an exercise program. Do not underestimate how much water weight can affect a body's scale weight.

You can't gain 3lb in one day unless you participated in some sort of binge eating contest. So stop focusing on the numbers and focus on getting in some heart healthy cardio without concerning yourself about scale weight in the beginning.

My Wii said i'd gained a pound in ten minutes!! I know they can be wrong but some things i do to help a more accurate weigh in is make sure i place the board int eh same place every time, and i try to weigh myself at the same time of day. I also only weigh myself once a week although its hard to stop myself somedays once a week is more realistic i think.

Stick with it... i did WW a couple years ago and gained 4lbs in the first week and nearly quit there and then.. i stuck at it tho and lost 2 stone before getting pregnant... now i'm back on it to shift the baby weight!!!

I don't trust the Wii balance board to measure my weight.
I always use the bathroom scales.
That being said, I gained 4lbs before I started losing. And even then, my loss has been slow going.
They say you can fluctuate up to 5lbs in a single day, so don't get discouraged!

I agree. Don't trust the wii. It told me I'd put on 4lbs then on normal scales I'd put on nothing. Don't give up either! Everyone has good and bad weeks and I always find if I lose weight too quick I just put it back on because I've starved myself then a few weeks later I'm starving and go on a binge :blush: Now I'm losing weight slower it's not going back on!

do give up hun

its normal for weight to go up and down if you need any help we did lots of healthy eating eating 6 small meals ect at dancing school if i can help pm me hun x

It's just a struggle when I cook amazing fatty meals for my OH who can stay like a rake but I can't have any :dohh:

that's why I cook the same things for us. Honestly even if he is skinny it won't hurt your OH to eat healthier, will actually probably be good for him (being skinny doesn't mean you can't have bad cholesterol etc.)

Well by fatty I mean things like Shepperd's pie, and curries that I make from scratch... Still quite fatty for me?

Everything that goes in them is healthy... Getting scared of eating potatos and rice :lol:

those things are okay in moderation! :)

I have potatoes, rice, pasta or bread at every meal I just make sure to eat whole grain products when possible, I eat red or yellow potatoes as I've been told they're better? :shrug: and eat in moderation of course. about 1/2 of my plate is veg, 1/4 a carb of some kind and 1/4 meat.

Eat loads of veg when you have your dinner hun dont cut out to much of your carbs either cos their there to give you energy meat cheese sweet stuff you can still have just in moderation....this is what ive started to do this is what i was supposed to do 3 years ago when i was told i was diabetic lol just dont go on a binge and the other tip which you probs no have your dinner on a smaller plate makes it look like you have more! mind trickery is wonders lol.x :thumbup:

I always make OH have what I have too :haha:
I've tried to eat smaller portions too, and little and often so rather than pigging out at night I'll have breakfast now and quite a decent size one, then maybe have a peice of fruit, then dinner, then another snack like fruit or something so by tea I feel I don't need to pig out. Where as before I'd skip breakfast, have a quick dinner and by evening be starving so would eat MASSIVE portions and have a pudding then something else... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->