I got a new toy

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
So the other day I went out shopping and decided to use my baby bjorn to see if now was the time to retire it :cry: I love my baby bjorn but had found it was hurting my shoulders when I carried Izzie :cry:

So she now weighs 20lbs and it is defo time for the carrier to be retired as it hurt to much..:cry:

ANYWAY.......

I decided to pop into mothercare and mamas and papas to look at what slings/wraps they had - out of interest more than anything :thumbup: MC had lots of different ones for newborns but not for older kids and m&p had a few but they had this which is new in :happydance:

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/cat/u-go/

they let me try it on and it was amazing :happydance: Izzie felt as light as a feather :happydance: I wish I had known about it sooner :thumbup: anyway we used it right there and then to continue shopping :happydance: although my only thing I did find was its very long and I just wondered how you all cope when your out and about with these wraps etc :thumbup:

Oooh I like that. I only have a standard MC carrier and it kills my back and shoulders so I don't use it as much as I'd like xx

i cant imagine standing in a carpark and tying a LOOONG wrap. My wrap is for the house and ive used it at birthday parties and i plan to use it at a wedding. My bjorn (and now i have a connecta) is for out and about

Sorry i couldnt help!

at the nugent centre I presume :haha:

looks lovely is it easy to use?

I'm still practising my wrapping, but I have wrapped when out and about, just take your time and ignore the onlookers :) Try gripping the tails between your knees so they don't get dirty by dragging on the ground. If you're not busy tues am come to the slingmeet in sevenoaks and get some tips off some of the other mamas :)

oooo I went to a sling meet in Sevenoaks when I was pregnant with Leo and my friend Rachel and her little boy Lucas.

presume you are the same ladies. My names Sarah. Where are you meeting

xxx

thanks ladies :D

Katy - i loved my bjorn but it started hurting my shoulders - when I put the carrier on it was amazing!

ohhh is the sling meet happening? I've posted on the thread before (izziesmum) so will go and have a look :D we usually go to a baby group on Tuesday morning but will come to the meet instead :D

Tiggy - lol if I come along - look for the lady getting all flustered and putting my baby every which way (*sarah thinks about that last sentence - and decides practice is a must this weekend*)

Sahara - ohhhh can you make that too :D

I have this too :) I find it a bit long though, I'm only 5ft! I have someone else hold the ends for me if I can, if not I bunch up the ends and tuck each one into the waistband as i'm tying the other side. Does that make sense?

I'd imagine it will be great for when Albert gets bigger!

Hopefully the weather will be lovely so I suggest we try to meet at the toddler playground in the Environment Park behind the leisure centre. Wet weather plan could be upstairs at the library again.

Meeting from 9.30/10 ish. I'll have to drag my backside out of bed early :D

If we all make it there will be 3 BnB Sarah's :rofl:

haha 3 bnb Sarahs, just to confuse things. Yes I will def try and come after I have dropped Nicola at pre school

Hopefully I will see you both there :thumbup:

i have a kari-me wrap. i put it on before leaving the house then all have to do is pop him in once arrive where we are going - so much easier :thumbup:

ohhh thats a good idea!!! mine is quite a funky pattern (well that pattern lol) so wouldnt look to odd walking to my car etc :D

ohhh cool - where are you all meeting? I dont know sevenoaks at all LOL

It's a nice wrap - pretty much the same as the moby just a bit prettier.

The library or the park depending on the weather

I have not been to the toddler park behind the leisure centre before, but the library is very close to the leisure centre and there is plenty of parking.

Its fairly easy to find in Sevenoaks. Do you have sat nav?

xxx

erm I can ask OH to give me the sat nav but I do have it on my phone :D

Or you could follow me?

Do u know Knockholt

xxx

I know theres a round about lol I know the toby carvery in badgers mount?

OK can meet u at carvery and u follow me from there?

Sounds good lol what time should I get there for?

probably can't get there before 9.45. School run and sorting Leo out etc.

I will need to leave by bout 11.30 to get back to pick monster up.

Is that OK :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->