I got a smiley face on my OPK today!!!!

djsherman

Reaction score
hey all--

My name is Dana, and my husband and I are just beginning to actively TTC as we just got married in July. I am 40, he is 42. Before the wedding, I ruptured a disk in my back and was in the most pain. At this time, I also decided to go do some tests to see if my parts were all working okay LOL so I have never been pregnant before. Everything came back fine, except for my FSH which was 9 one month and then a 13. I freaked but my doctor told me FSH varies as we all know, and with the stress of my back, wedding, and a work hiatus I was on (I work in TV), he was not too concerned about it since everything else was fine. He suggested I not think or worry about it or TTC until after the wedding, but he did recommend an OPK, and he said if/when I got a smiley face, to try the old fashioned way! Well, I put it out off my mind for the wedding and my back healed, but deep down, the FSH thing was a concern for me as I am a worrier, I admit. I sorta convinced myself I wasn't ovulating anymore, hence the FSH issue. I know, I know but the idle mind is a terrible thing LOL.

Anyway, SO sorry for this long intro/story but this morning I got a big ol' smiley face on my OPK! Woo-hoo! I am SO excited! And I can't really share this with my friends and family for various reasons, but I had to share, so here I am. Hope that's okay.

Obviously I know we now need to do a lot of baby dancing LOL. And we have the Pre-Seed and the Instead Soft Cup but if anyone has any other tips or advice I'd great appreciate hearing from y'all! Thanks so much reading and good luck to us all!!!

Yeah, I love to see that smiley face ,I got mine yesterday ,am trying to bd every morning now until Friday ,had also bd the two days before I got my smiley face ,good luck Hun,go catch that eggy,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aw thank you all! I can't tell you how much your happy faces and support mean to me! I feel less alone! LOL. Here's hoping! Thank you guys!

This is why we are all here! Please jump in more and let us get to know you!

Will do! I am all very new to this.... I didn't even know what FSH was until 3 months ago LOL and now I fear it, hee. I have been regular my whole life so I just assumed if I ever wanted to have kids I could. But I had kinda given up on love, and then at 38 met my now husband. So here we are. I do have a lot of questions but won't put the cart before the horse. :) I am just so appreciative of you all. I also have a mild case of Cerebral Palsy, which only limits my balance a little and walking distances but the doc says it will not affect the baby or getting pregnant. Still, my mom worries and sees me still as her baby, so I am not sure she'd love the idea of my trying to get pregnant, so I do feel alone at times. That is why I am so glad I found you all! Thank you!

Any questions you have, please ask them! No one will be upset that you asked and these ladies are some of the best that I have ever met...there is always someone who will have an answer for you, lol.

Btw, we also love to talk about anything and everything, so don't be alarmed if you fine we start talking about things that have nothing to do with getting pregnant...

As for me, I have a rule...you must be willing to laugh with us at least once a day!

Welcome to BnB!

Hello good news of your smiley OPK now lets hope you get that BFP x

Thank you! I am hopeful but cautious. Any tips or old wives' tales of what to eat, do, not do during BD to help our chances would greatly be appreciated! I am just hoping my high FSH was due to the stress of the wedding and my ruptured disk and the smiley face on the OPK is a GOOD sign that I might be able to get pregnant! Thanks to everyone, you guys rock and are helping me pass the time at work!

I would recommend that you start bc it's the only way to know for sure if you are ovulating. You can click on my chart in my siggy and sign up at Fertility Friend if you would like and the free 25 minute course that they offer is really good.

Thanks! Will do. My doctor told me the digital OPK test I am using is like 98% accurate about ovulation if you get the smiley face, and sometimes she said, you can be ovulating even when it doesn't get a smiley face. But it can't hurt to do everything so thank you!

The tests will only tell you that you are gearing up to ovulate, not that you actually have...so it's testing to catch the surge and temping to confirm. If that just made any sense at all, lol.

Okay first dumb question of many I am sure... what does POAS and evaps mean? Thanks and forgive me ignorance!

POAS= Pee on a stick...testing for pregnancy (HPT) or ovulation (OPK)

An evap is an evaporation line that you get on a HPT when the urine dries...they typically look grey or colorless.

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

Open that link for explanations, lol

That means get to it girl!! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"