I got a smiley face on my OPK today!!!!

Ummm, well yes...having sexy time about now would be the most important part! Lol

Thanks Garnet for the reminder!

Thank you! I am hopeful but cautious. Any tips or old wives' tales of what to eat, do, not do during BD to help our chances would greatly be appreciated! I am just hoping my high FSH was due to the stress of the wedding and my ruptured disk and the smiley face on the OPK is a GOOD sign that I might be able to get pregnant! Thanks to everyone, you guys rock and are helping me pass the time at work!

Hey djsherman i would defo take note on what dachsundmom said about charting as thats the only way to confirm you ovulated. I'm trying it for the first time ever and i'm getting there :flower:

With regards to helping you concieve i would recommend pre-seed and getting some pre-natal vitamins which has

Folic Acid – Pregnacare® Conception provides 400mcg folic acid, the exact level recommended by the UK Department of Health for all women who are trying to conceive. As well as the healthy development of the foetal neural tube, folic acid may also play a role in conception, and is required in the first days and weeks of life, before you are even aware that you are pregnant.

Antioxidant minerals with natural vitamin E – Important co-factors in antioxidant enzymes, to help protect genetic material from free radical damage. Vitamin E is an essential nutrient, important for helping maintain healthy skin, nerves, heart and circulation, muscles and red blood cells. Pregnacare®Conception contains a low recommended dietary intake of 20mg. This is present in the natural form which is better absorbed by the mother and transported to the foetus than synthetic vitamin E.

Inositol – Inositol may help support ovarian function and influence fertility. It is involved in the cell signalling pathway which influences fertilization and cell growth.

L-Arginine – Well known as a precursor in nitric oxide (NO) metabolism, L-arginine can influence release of the egg from the ovaries (follicular release) as well as healthy follicular blood flow and implantation.

N-acetyl cysteine – A precursor of glutathione, an important antioxidant in the body. N-acetyl cysteine is also important for healthy cervical secretions.

Vitamin B12 – Part of the B complex group of vitamins, it has been found that B12 supplementation can help to maintain healthy ovarian function and reproductive health.

It is important that you and your partner are both in optimum health and getting all the right nutrients for conception. Click conception tips for useful advice and tips on optimising the chances of conception.

Some women swear by softcups from Instead you can get them from Amazon with the pre-seed and try some acupuncture i believe it helps greatly. I'm booking an appointment for next week. Good luck hun :hugs:

hey all--

My name is Dana, and my husband and I are just beginning to actively TTC as we just got married in July. I am 40, he is 42. Before the wedding, I ruptured a disk in my back and was in the most pain. At this time, I also decided to go do some tests to see if my parts were all working okay LOL so I have never been pregnant before. Everything came back fine, except for my FSH which was 9 one month and then a 13. I freaked but my doctor told me FSH varies as we all know, and with the stress of my back, wedding, and a work hiatus I was on (I work in TV), he was not too concerned about it since everything else was fine. He suggested I not think or worry about it or TTC until after the wedding, but he did recommend an OPK, and he said if/when I got a smiley face, to try the old fashioned way! Well, I put it out off my mind for the wedding and my back healed, but deep down, the FSH thing was a concern for me as I am a worrier, I admit. I sorta convinced myself I wasn't ovulating anymore, hence the FSH issue. I know, I know but the idle mind is a terrible thing LOL.

Anyway, SO sorry for this long intro/story but this morning I got a big ol' smiley face on my OPK! Woo-hoo! I am SO excited! And I can't really share this with my friends and family for various reasons, but I had to share, so here I am. Hope that's okay.

Obviously I know we now need to do a lot of baby dancing LOL. And we have the Pre-Seed and the Instead Soft Cup but if anyone has any other tips or advice I'd great appreciate hearing from y'all! Thanks so much reading and good luck to us all!!!

It's prolly the stress that got your FSH up that high. I would just add to take a good pre-natal and use the BD to also help you relax..:flower:

*SS*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->