I got creative...

L

Love Bunny

Being as we have about a MILLION white sleepers and vests...

I thought I'd go mad and jazz a few of them up =D

Here are a few of the bits I did!

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/mushroompixie/dyeee.jpg

:flower:

haha i might have a go at that, we got like a ton of boring white ones aswell. We had the idea of getting some transfer paper aswell and printing some stuff of the net x

Theyre great! What a good idea.. I do hate the plain ones.. X

They look fab!! If I'd had the time when I was pregnant I'd have done that too :)

wow!! they look brilliant!!x

cool, they're great, so much more fun and original than the white ones :thumbup: x x x x

Hehe thankyoooou =D !

I have toooo much time on my hands at the mo! I've been making all sorts for her! Slings, wraps, swaddles! I love it !

x

Lol they are fab! Ive just recieved some printer ink today as ive got transfer paper ready to go for plain white babygrows that ive bought. They are so much cheaper to buy than the patterned/character ones! x

wow i used to do that but cant remember how you do it???
xxx

They look great. And you just made me realise i have NO plain white bits and bobs to play with :(

wow i used to do that but cant remember how you do it???
xxx

Its really easy chick :) you wet all your items, tie them up with elastic bands to create different patterns (if your not good with the different ties then you can literally just bunch them up in balls with elastic bands and still get great results!) then soak them in warm salt water for about half an hour to an hour, mix your dyes up in squirty bottles while your waiting (however many colours you want OR you can just go for the standard red yellow and blue then mix them on the wet garment!), wring out the excess water and splodge on the dye!!! I usually leave mine covered and undisturbed for about 48 hours whilst the dye sets and then when its finished, cut off the bands, rinse them all out really well under running tapwater (make sure the water runs close to clear so that the excess dye doesn't run - but don't be alarmed at the amount of dye that comes out!! this is just the excess that the saturated fabric couldn't hold :) ) then once they are well rinsed you can bang them all in the wash on 30 without any detergents once or twice to get the extra unabsorbed dye out and voila! Whack them on the airer or in the dryer and you're DONE =D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->