I got my Ava bracelet (fertility tracker), and here's what I think...

product_lady

Reaction score
After pre-ordering my Ava bracelet many moons ago, I finally received it. I wanted to share my thoughts with yo-u all after wearing it for a few weeks.

The Good
- It's easy - Wearing a bracelet all night is much easier than the pain of waking up at the same time every day, manually typing in my results to multiple apps, etc. The app takes the data and tells me when I will be fertile/am fertile. Easy as that. It feels like less of a chore and makes the whole process feel much more enjoyable
- 5 day fertile window - This is really nice and helps us feel less pressure. Considering how we have about 6 days we can conceive per cycle, it's really great to have 5 days that I know in advance to plan some fun with my husband. With OPKs and temp, we can guess based on previous months' data, but Ava tells you immediately. You also don't know for sure until you get that smiling LH test or your temperature has already dropped with BBT.
- More than BBT - Ava measures 9 different things (temp, heart rate, sleep...) and has used a clinical trial and some fancy algorithm to make it's predictions. This is not BBT. It's actually an entirely new way of measuring fertility, it's pretty cool

The Bad
- What to do the numbers mean? - The app gives you some data for each individual day, but the app doesn't explain what they mean. Their is a number called HRV and after looking at the website, I know it is heart rate variability and it shows stress, but this really needs to be explained in the app.
- No graphs! - No graphs showing my cycle. I hope this is coming soon.

The Ugly
- The strap - The strap broke after about a week and a half. Luckily, their customer service was very fast and responsive and they sent me a new one that has been fixed so it doesn't break. It has been MUCH BETTER so far and looks like it will hold together nicely. They said they were aware of this issue and were already using the new straps for their upcoming batches.

All in all, it's pretty cool! When you add up all the money spent on thermometers, OPKs, etc, it's worth the price. And it's fun! This product is brand new and I'm sure they'll continue to make it better in the future. I've already seen some small improvements in updates.

Attachments

• IMG_9821.jpg
    IMG_9821.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 46
I was intrigued until I saw that it was $200.

I hope it works for you and good luck! How does it know your 5 days before having any sort of surge?

As for me, I will stick with my opks and clomid.

I ordered one on Cyber Monday and am super anxious for it to arrive!!!! Would love to hear from others who might have one?

I'm 40 and have been trying off and on since my m/c 3 years ago, and before anyone flames me, my mom was almost 40 when she had me <3--that being said, I've tried the sticks etc and I TRULY BOW MOST HUMBLY to the ladies who can get ahold of doing that route. I literally was going insane. I was asked what I wanted for Christmas/bday (my bday is soon too), I asked for this, so we'll see :D

The site itself didn't sell me--but a review on CNET.com gave me more info, which sealed the deal for us :D. I would love to see many :bfp: as a result!!! BEST WISHES!!!!

I've been using my Ava for 50 days now. DH bought it for me as an anniversary present. Unfortunately (and fortunately!), I'm 11 months pp and no pp period yet (still BFing). I've been wearing it for fun... but today the app changed from "low fertility" to "high fertility"! Consider me shocked?! Interested what the next few days will hold. Going to do OPK later and DTD with DH and hope of the best? Would be awesome if it caught first O?!

I've been using my Ava for 50 days now. DH bought it for me as an anniversary present. Unfortunately (and fortunately!), I'm 11 months pp and no pp period yet (still BFing). I've been wearing it for fun... but today the app changed from "low fertility" to "high fertility"! Consider me shocked?! Interested what the next few days will hold. Going to do OPK later and DTD with DH and hope of the best? Would be awesome if it caught first O?!

AWESOME!!! I hope you catch your sticky bean!!! :D

Thank you, I hope so! I'm now in the "peak fertility" mode, tomorrow is my last day. My OPKs were pretty dark, but today super light. My hormones must be throwing Ava off I think? I guess their site does say it only works for cycles that are 28-30 (or something like that) and only if your period returned while breastfeeding. Today will be day 55 of wearing. I am so curious why it changed, etc. I wish it had charts or more in-depth explanation of how it calculates fertility.

"11 dpo" and BFN. I think I'm out as I got dark BFP at 11dpo with both my boys. I think my hormones threw Ava off because of Bfing. Still interesting! but Boooo!

Fingers crossed for you! You aren't out unless AF shows! :)

I got an e-mail last night that my Ava is shipping!! Super excited! I am 10 DPO, but BFN this morning. *cry*

Good luck to you!! I see you're a fellow Clomid user. My two sons are Clomid babies. I will be extremely surprised if I did O naturally, as I haven't started my Clomid yet (will in Feb). I usually have anovulatory cycles!

Thank you! I also think I am out this month, but am still secretly hoping. But if it doesn't happen, I am hopeful that Ava will change the game :)

Good luck to you too!!!!! Baby dust!!!!

I've just started looking into these fertility trackers. They sound super interesting and easier than using heaps of opks etc. I'm currently using cbd which is $40/ month so I guess the outlay may be worth it. Best of luck to you ladies already using it! :)

Actually it says on their website "Regular or irregular cycles between 24 &#8211; 35 days. Not for PCOS."

And I think they only say not for PCOS because they haven't tested it for PCOS yet. My cycles are pretty irregular, but rarely longer than 35 days. I do not have any kind of diagnosis, PCOS or otherwise, will let you know how it works out for me. I am currently in the 2WW and am honestly hoping that I might not need Ava, but if I do I am glad to know I have it!

Mine was delivered today!!!!!! Can't wait to get home and try it out!!! :)

Yes I think it would be good for irregular cycles as it would be easier to just wear this than do opks every day wouldn't it? Can't wait to hear how you find it rickyandlucy!

Ok! First night wearing Ava. I had read about issues with the strap, and unfortunately I had issues myself. Woke up at 3:30 AM and Ava had fallen off who knows when. Supposedly they are re-designing the strap and will send me a new one for free when they do, so I will just have to come up with a work around until then. But, I am a glutton for data, and loved seeing my info sync this morning. Can't wait to see what trends emerge over time!

Ok! First night wearing Ava. I had read about issues with the strap, and unfortunately I had issues myself. Woke up at 3:30 AM and Ava had fallen off who knows when. Supposedly they are re-designing the strap and will send me a new one for free when they do, so I will just have to come up with a work around until then. But, I am a glutton for data, and loved seeing my info sync this morning. Can't wait to see what trends emerge over time!

My dd2 ( 9yrs old) wears a medical ID and they have velcro and/or a small zip tie. I wonder if that would work?

Its only on Iphone for the app, so is the app vital to it or can you view the info online?

ETA: found my answer on their site- nope, you need the app

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->