I got my Ava bracelet (fertility tracker), and here's what I think...

The Velcro is a good idea, I think I will try that!

The app for Android is supposed to be coming out within a few weeks. It was supposed to be out already. Their packaging even says there is an Android app, I am assuming because when they designed it they thought it would have been ready by now.

Fortunately, their shipping time has been reduced to about one week, instead of the 6-12 they had before, so you could afford to wait until they announce their Android app. :)

In terms of the bracelet falling off, I am going to try a temporary DIY fix. Going to take an old sock and make like a sleeve out of it. Fx! :)

The strap is terrible, isn't it? At first I had a ton of issues with it falling off but I figured out if I wear a long sleeve and cover the bracelet it stays on.

Well, I knew my situation wasn't what Ava is designed for (no pp-period/bfing). My body tricked it - no AF and no BFP. My "peak" days were indeed false. Excited to try my Clomid and see how it works with that.

I reached out to Ava and they said that they are redesigning the strap, and when the new strap is released they will send a new one to everyone. In the meantime, they made a good suggestion, which is to essentially flip the strap around. This means flipping the Ava unit itself around in the strap. Makes it awkward as hell to put on, but it won't come off at night. Certainly not a permanent fix, but hopefully it will work until they can get us new ones.

So far so good! Today was supposed to be the first day of my fertile window, but after syncing my data this morning Ava decided to bump it to tomorrow. I am still temping for the sake of comparison. Will keep you posted!

Still BFN and no AF. Will start a Clomid cycle in Feb! I am excited to see how it works with Clomid. :)

So far so good! Today was supposed to be the first day of my fertile window, but after syncing my data this morning Ava decided to bump it to tomorrow. I am still temping for the sake of comparison. Will keep you posted!

So the Ava bracelet is giving same/similar results to manual temping?
I can't temp as my sleep is very disturbed due to bedsharing, but I know that temping is the only way to know if/when I'm ovulating, so am very interested in these fertility bracelets :) I'm in Aust though and Ava would cost almost $300 to get!!

So my Ava app turned pink yesterday to signal the start of my fertile window, and this morning I got my first positive on a ClearBlue digital ovulation test, so Ava must have sensed something a day earlier than I did.

The temps that Ava takes are different from what you would get temping since it is skin temp and not body temp, but it uses the same basis to track changes in your temp.

Will let you guys know how accurate Ava ends up being this cycle!

This morning my Ava changed to blue for peak fertility, and it bumped my O day up to today! DH and I did the BD before work to be safe. Fx!!!!!!

Ok so here is where it is going to get interesting. Ava still thinks I O'ed yesterday, but according to my temps and Clear Blue digital ovulation tests it hasn't happened yet. Not sure which one to believe. Hopefully it will become clear soon!

Ava still thinks Monday was the day, but my temps are still low, and today I got a peak fertility reading on Clear Blue digital. Wondering if Ava will figure it out and adjust as she gets more data. Either way, our timing is on point this month, fx!

So excited for you!

Took my first Clomid last night, excited to test out Ava with it!

So today my BBT was slightly above the cover line. Going to take a regular Wondfo OPK tonight to confirm my surge is over. Ava still thinks I ovulated Monday, but I think it was either yesterday or today, maybe tomorrow.

I asked Ava about the conflicting data; they said since it is my first cycle it will take her some time to learn my body, which makes sense. Glad I was temping and doing OPK's in the meantime though. If I had simply relied on Ava I would likely have missed it. But I am hopeful she will be more accurate in the future! Here's hoping for a BFP for Valentine's Day!

Good luck on the clomid!

How are you doing RickyandLucy?? Been thinking about you!!

Today is CD11 - took an OPK this afternoon and it's pretty dark. I usually O on CD13 with Clomid so we shall see! Ava still hasn't picked anything up though, she marked my fertile days as end of March :haha: !

I am in the middle of my TWW. 7 dpo today. Ava is confusing. At first she said I o'ed on Jan 30, but then earlier this week she changed her mind and said I o'ed on Feb 5. But my BBT and OPK's say it was Feb 2. Given that this is my first month using Ava I am going to trust the BBT and OPK's more; Ava still needs more time to learn my body. Plus, if Ava is right then our timing was completely off, and that would make me mad, lol. If my BBT & OPK's are right, then our timing couldn't have been more perfect. Going to test no earlier than Sunday, 10 DPO, but may try to hold out until Monday, 11 DPO. I had planned to wait until 12 DPO, but that will be Valentine's Day, and if this is indeed the month we get a BFP I want to have it ready to give my husband as a present that morning. :) Fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->