i got my perineal massage oil...

im not sure why but I dont think you are supposed to start the massage until about 34 weeks? I did a google search a while ago and found a couple of helpful sites so maybe try that :)

the women i brought it from on ebay recommended it from 3 months i can roughly figure out what i got to do, are there any do's and donts?

OMG, I didn't know you could get special oil for it! What is it and where do you get it from?

I was told at my ante natal class to start at about 35weeks, but I can´t see any harm in starting earlier. The midwife just told us to make sure we stay well away from our "pee hole", as the oil could aggravate it and cause cystitis.

Hope that helps.

Not sure myself but am interested in finding out what others have to say. Haven't started doing this but really should soon!

Dont think it is worth doing until after 34 weeks - and even worth it at all if it ist your first?? My MW doesnt recommend it at all!!

I tried it - can't reach at all:(

I think it's worth doing, especially if it involves DH or OH in the process ;)

I would also guess it would depend on how 'agressive' you were in the process. Just massaging probably won't help a whole lot... you actually have to stretch the area gradually to make it maleable for baby's head.

If you are particularly sensitive, I'd start earlier. :blush:

DH said he would try it if I REALLY wanted him to, but he looked so uncomfortable when he said it that I never had the heart to ask him to do it!

Yep my OH has been roped in as well! He doesnt mind at all!

Have heard good things about this stuff, will definitely give it a go.

This is the first time I've heard about this stuff! I'm going to have to look into it... I would rather not tear, if at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->