I got to see my gummy bear!!!

Dill

Reaction score
I had my first appointment with my midwife today. I was dying of anxiety because I had some spotting on Friday and was rushed over to the hospital for some blood draws (still waiting on progesterone test results to come back).

Well, today I was told that Friday's hcg was a lovely 157,000. I got to see my gummy bear, which did measure small by a few days, but she admitted that she had a hard time getting a clear shot of it because I have a particularly tilted uterus. And we saw a heartbeat!!! It was strong and fast. :happydance: She wants me back in 2 weeks instead of 4 due to my history of loss, and is anxious to look at my progesterone levels (again due to my history of loss, and my family history), but said not to worry and that it seems to be firmly sticky. :D

And, while it's a little too early to tell, she thinks the placenta will be developing on the back side (which is an ideal location, apparently).

She did have me endure many blood draws for the purposes of an ungodly number of blood tests, as well as a urine test. Oh joy.

Hubby was ADORABLE at the appointment! He reached over and grabbed my arm in excitement when he saw the baby and its little heartbeat. He actually got to see it before I did because the screen was tilted in a way that didn't really let me look at it (she adjusted it for me a little later). All of his comments were in this awed tone of voice, and he said that this changes everything and it definitely makes it real. He admitted to me on our way out that while I was lying there leaking happy tears into the exam table pillow, he was getting choked up and emotional, too.

He cannot WAIT to tell everyone that we're expecting, and we've decided to move forward with doing that on Wednesday. I can't really hide it from my office any longer ... I have been so sick, and with all this recent time out for appointments and blood draws, most of them suspect (or think I'm dying). So the family announcement dinner is Wednesday after work, and we'll announce to FB Wednesday night or so. I want to get that out FAST because I KNOW my MIL won't be able to keep quiet, haha.

Anyway ... SO RELIEVED AND EXCITED!!!

yaaaay congrats!!!
:)
fingers crossed smooth sailing for you:)

That's amazing!!! I told work today as they also thought I was dying (I've been written off work for a week for SCH). Congrats on the great scan!

Thank you! I admit I was a little surprised that it was a singleton -- with as early as I got my BFP and as HORRIFICALLY SICK as the little thing has made me -- but sort of relieved, too. I would have adored twins, but practically speaking, a singleton will be easier for us.

Sweet, I hope your SCH healed/is healing up well!

Exciting news, I'm so pleased for you :)

Hi Dill, long time no see! Great to see your news and so so happy for you :)

Ahhhhh congrats Dill it's so exciting after all the anxiousness and then you get to see it all small and flashing I got to see my little dot today and I'm still amazed at how clever it all is!!!!

OH MY DILL!!!! I'm so happy!!! *cry* so so happy for you and DH

Dill so happy u got see ur gummy bear ...happy and healthy 9 months hunny xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"