I guess I should be in here...

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I have kind of avoided this part of the forum but I’m not quite sure why! Does anyone else feel strangely detached from their pregnancy? I keep poas and they’re darker all the time, I saw a 3+ on a Clearblue digi earlier too but it just isn’t sinking in. We properly tried to conceive before and it took 18 months and a load of really early losses to get our beautiful little boy, whereas this time it just kind of happened. We weren’t trying. We are both really happy, it just doesn’t feel real. We went through a load of stress last year when I was pregnant and it really spoiled it for us, perhaps that’s why. I am kind of expecting something stressful to happen.
Anyway, got our 12 week scan appointment through today and when I did the self-referral I text my old midwife who said she’d be happy to be my midwife again, so that’s good. Pleased I don’t have to get to know someone else, I really liked her.
Also something I’m pretty pleased about is last time I was on diazepam for anxiety and struggling to come off it; I eventually did manage to completely come off it the day Castiel arrived, and haven’t touched a singly speck of a pill since :D at the moment I bake and crochet to help anxiety. And when it gets really severe, I make myself pick the baby up and play with him or feed him or talk to him... really helps.
I do think I will be consultant led though, because I am now overweight :dohh:

Congratulations hon.
It will sink in soon. Glad u have the same midwife as b4 at least it's someone u already know so u can feel comfortable around her.
Sorry to hear all about ure early losses. Praying this one is a supper sticky beany and u have a happy and healthy 9 months ❤

Hi congratulations it will sink in soon don’t worry just try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy

I was feeling really detached with this pregnancy but felt so much better after I had a scan and saw baby so hopefully you will feel better after your scan.

Yeah I hope so. We are probably going to book an early private scan

Definitely well worth it hon. I booked 2 early privet scans at 7+4 and 9+3 and it helped calm my nerves a bit. I wud of had to of waited for my hospital dating scan at 13+1 other wise and that's a long wait and I just wanted reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->