I guess it'll be different this time.

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
:nope::nope: I could just be presuming i suppose, but a lot of you will have known by reading my last thread that my mum is being a major childish bitch, snappy, argumentative, ignorant and over exaggerating situations when there is No problem, she simply makes them, and then makes me feel like i'm an awful ignorant person.

My mum was my birthing partner along side ben (my OH), and i was my big sisters birthing partner along side my mum, we had our babies a week apart (so i was her birthing partner at 37 weeks, boy i got some funny looks..)

Since my partner can drive now, and didn't before, he'll certainly be the one whisking me to the hospital when things start, But having found out my big sister is also pregnant and only a week or so behind me (i was 2 weeks behind her last time), My mum will most likely not want to be at my birth again, she found it exhausting last time, but even before we found out Nicola was pregnant too, she was being Blasé...But since my big sis is no longer with the father of her unborn child, and still lives with my mother, naturally my mum will be her birthing partner again.

Dunno why i feel bad about this tbh.. Right now she doesn't deserve to even be there when my baby arrives into the world given how much of a cow she has been, but since last time was so special, having her two daughters bring babies into the world only a week apart, i almost thought she'd want that experience of being there for us both again, but i know excuses will be made right?

I remeber your other thread and i cant understand how you feel. But tbh, if my mum was acting like that I'm not sure id be that worried if she was there or not.

I can see she would need to be there for your sister if she has no one else, but i dont see why she would refuse if you asked as well - unless you both went into labour at the same time! And if she does make an excuse then she doesnt deserve to be there IMO!!

My mum was with me with my first 2, but with my 3rd and this one she wont be as she will be looking after the others and i dont feel like i need her. Last time was so lovely and private between me and DH I dont think I'd even want her there now.

I havnt had my mom there for any of my kids births... she is WAY to much of a pain in the a$$... with my first kid I told her to wait till the baby was 6 weeks old before coming.

Honestly, My mom is more hassle than a newborn, she forces everyone to cater to HER needs and trys to control everyone, and if you dont agree with her over every darn detail, she gets mad and storms away like it is your fault.

She isnt a bad person, I just cant take care of myself, a baby and my mom at once, so it works out best if she comes or i bring the baby to her after I am settled and healed from the delivery.
Best of luck with your mom!

see my mum used to be great, joking, open minded, funny, daft, i could say owt to her. I dunno wats happened.

Hmmm, CandyApple, what age is your Mum? I see that you are 20 and I remember you saying her personality had completely changed and it made me wonder if she might be about the right age for going through the menopause? Out of control hormones might possibly be a factor for her now, as much as for some of us. Just a thought...

shes 50 now..i thought so too tbh....how long does it last for cause i recall her mentioning it when she was 47

Brace yourself...it can last five years! I have one girlfriend who went through it early and had a mare of a time, hot flashes, raging moods, the whole catastrophe. She got hormone replacement therapy drugs from the GP and that really helped her.

mothers hey!
My parents 3 years ago were meant to ata guaranto on house i needed, evene though i worked but beause i was single with 4 kids i needed one and refused and my ex had tosign!!!
Now I need to move again and was moving 3 hrs away tolive nearthem,but now althoughthey said we could stay in their 1 bed flat (unoccupied at presnt) five mins walk fromtheir house and over their business and other kids tempoarily live in thetwo spare bedrooms (they own business and 1 bed flay yet till was given for the 2 of them a 3 bed housing association house at 300 pmonth...i pay 900 pmonth at moment...they have decided its to much to ask of them.

i'm going through divorce, had to leave good job as had 4 hour commute and thought being nearfamily was good,realsie now they dont give a crap!

ah bugger.....sumat will turn up but as normal will sort it myself...

Brace yourself...it can last five years! I have one girlfriend who went through it early and had a mare of a time, hot flashes, raging moods, the whole catastrophe. She got hormone replacement therapy drugs from the GP and that really helped her.

oh fun fun fun.......>.<.......I wouldn't mind but EVERYONE is stepping on eggs shells with her, shes a mine!

mothers hey!
My parents 3 years ago were meant to ata guaranto on house i needed, evene though i worked but beause i was single with 4 kids i needed one and refused and my ex had tosign!!!
Now I need to move again and was moving 3 hrs away tolive nearthem,but now althoughthey said we could stay in their 1 bed flat (unoccupied at presnt) five mins walk fromtheir house and over their business and other kids tempoarily live in thetwo spare bedrooms (they own business and 1 bed flay yet till was given for the 2 of them a 3 bed housing association house at 300 pmonth...i pay 900 pmonth at moment...they have decided its to much to ask of them.

i'm going through divorce, had to leave good job as had 4 hour commute and thought being nearfamily was good,realsie now they dont give a crap!

ah bugger.....sumat will turn up but as normal will sort it myself...

Thats just awful of them!!!!!!!!!!!! God family really gets me sometimes :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->