I guess we are petty much done

jessmke

Reaction score
Isla has stopped asking to nurse during the day and I have stopped offering, so for the last week she hasn't nursed at all during the day. I'm not too upset about it, I'm happy to give my boobs a break before the next baby comes along and I'm happy that it was a painless transition for Isla. The problem is that ever since she had a cold a few weeks ago she has been waking sometime between 5-6 am and the only way to get we back to sleep is to nurse her. Prior to this illness she was sleeping through until 7am. My milk has dried up so she is dry nursing, but I would really like to cut out this early morning nursing session. Any ideas on how to go about this? She used to be happy to have my OH settle her back to sleep, but we tried this for three days and Isla just cried uncontrollably for 2 hrs while my OH was trying to get her back to sleep. I don't get home from work until 1 am so it's already tiring to have to get up with her at 7am, but adding in this 5am wake up is killing me!

How about offering her a cup of warmed cows milk?

Rather than your OH try to get her back to sleep, can he get up with her to play and you wake up later?

Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up going in to her one early morning and not nursing her. She protested for 5 min and then fell asleep on me, and that was the end of the 5 am wake up! She still has the occasional night when she'll be unsettled due to teething or illness, or sometimes she'll wake a little early but we just go with it now and I nap when she does in the mornings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->