I had a section...what exercise can I do to tone up?

Mammalicious

Reaction score
I had a section 8 weeks ago now and want to start getting back into shape.
Anyone got advice on what exercise would be best to get my tummy toned again without putting too much strain on my wound?
I've been fortunate enough to loose the baby weight without having to diet so just want to tone really xx

I cant really help cos I didnt have a c section BUT I really wanna tone up my belly. Dont push yourself with stomach exercises too much for a while, better off doing overall toning by going on a long walk or a jog

Yeah I was scared to do sit ups etc incase my stitches burst "/ thanks for the advice!! Xx

Hi mammalicious,

I was just about to post asking the same question.

I too had my section 8 weeks ago and am keen to start doing something again.
Like you i dont need to lose weight just tone, i walk but thats about it.Id like to start swimming again but not sure its ok.Prob have to phone HV and ask.

I also cant wait to start horse riding again, they did say to wait a few months tho, and even then take it slow.

I have started to do some tummy exercises, see if they help

x

Doc said I was ok to start swimming 6 weeks after section

My Dr told me no sit ups til 6 MONTHS after section- but I did have twins so not sure if that has anything to do with it :shrug: Anyway- Girls turned 6 months 15 days ago and I have yet to do a sit up :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->