I had my baby :)

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Baby Koah was born Dec 30, I don't have an exact time yet but it was late! Opted for gas and air and was given an IV med at about 9cm...no relief from either really, oh my goodness that was horribly painful! but he's here and of course worth it :D

He was taken to the NICU though and will be there all night.. He was having some trouble with his breathing, they called it grunting..anyway, they said he's already improved but he has an air bubble pushing on his lung and they need to see if it will go away on its own, they said they aren't worried because he's already improved but if it gets worse they will have to put a needle in to let the air out. I'm still waiting to get over there to see him, I've had some clotting issues..but it's getting resolved and soon I'll get to go see him! :).

Will post a picture soon!

Massive congrats! Hope you're both home and recovered soon xxx

Congratulations! Love the name; that's what we were going to call Zoella if she had been a boy! Hope he rejoins you soon.

congratulations!!! Hope you are reunited soon and the air bubble resolves!

Congratulations!!! What a gift for new year!

My baby girl has to be taken to SCBU because she was grunting. She was put on antibiotics in case she developed a chest infection. But she was absolutely fine!!

Well done mummy!

Thank you! I ended up having too much bleeding after the birth and had to get monitored for that..they started talking about doing a D&C and checked for any internal tears but right about then it started to lighten up and we're not sure what the problem was.

Just was moved to a regular postpartum room and now focused on getting him to start feedings, he hasn't breastfed yet and so far, because of the break, pumping is getting us nowhere.. they had to give him some formula, so I'm a little concerned about my plans to breastfeed this time..he's also had a pacifier to distract him from the IV and shots they had to do.

They said the air bubble by his lung is called a pneumothorax and is a like a partially collapsed lung which can happen when babies first start breathing, but he's doing so well, you wouldn't know anything was wrong by seeing him now...can't wait to get some pictures, no phones allowed in the NICU!

Congratulations!!! So excited for you after reading all about your pregnancy and sharing due dates! :) I'm still waiting... Hope to join you in newborn land soon! xx

Congratulations on your new little :blue: bundle and I hope that you're both recovered and home soon. :flower:

Wonderful! Well done. I hope he'll be with you soon! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->