I had my dog put down today :(

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
That's it really,

Can't stop crying, i'm ok for an hour or so, then she pops into my head again, and I start all over again. She was a brilliant age 15yrs (had her since she was 10 months)

What a week get my BFP Tuesday, put my dog down Saturday! #emotional rollercoaster!

:hugs: aww Hun I understand I got my :bfp: on Friday and my aunt died Saturday night at around 11pm. :nope: I went to her funeral last Thursday. I know how it feels to lose someone you love so dearly. It almost doesn't feel right to be happy in a time of grievance. Just know your dog is in a better place and will always be in your heart! I have to wait to tell my mother about my pregnancy because she just lost her sister and it wouldn't be right I feel like. It's gonna be okay :flower::hugs:

Ahh hun, i'm sure your mum will be delighted to know you're pregnant, it'll give her something to focus on, a lot of people find comfort in the knowledge of a new life beginning as one ends.

My thoughts are with you. I know a dog isn't quite the same a s a person, but I really will miss her! xx

Its so hard losing a pet :( My cat had to be put down last year, it was sooooo hard, we literally tried EVERYTHING to save her... :cry:

A lot of people that know I am pregnant are telling me to tell her. I will once the M/C rate drops. I am only like 5 weeks and a few days so I don't want to jump the gun! I know it's not the same as a person but the thought of losing my little Pomeranian Itsy I would have a breakdown. I love the little guy so much! Thank you and my thoughts are with as well. Try not to cry to much though because I know it could be added stress and that's not good. I try to think of the good times that usually makes me feel better and then I don't cry.

Thanks AC1987 She had already been on steroids for a year, but they stopped working, she had a collapsing trachea, and when we took her to the vets today, she just couldn't breathe, they even took her off me before putting her down to give her some oxygen to make her more comfortable. It was just distressinh seeing her like it, and because I wanted her suffering over with, when the vet asked if I wanted a minute with her I said no I just want her out of her misery.

And now i'm dwelling on it I feel, I rushed the whole procedure, which was in her best interest, but I now feel i didn't say goodbye properly.

Angel face i'll be ok tomorrow. i've have a good cry tonight. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow, so good things to look forward to.

This may sound really lame but her name was jess, and my hisband said if we have a girl we can call her Jessica, which I actually really like :haha: xx

So sorry to hear :hugs: Treat yourself to something you truly enjoy this week to help you relax and get your mind in a good state again. Losing a pet is so hard. Big hugs.

I'm soo sorry :hugs: pets are really just furry family members and its devastating when they pass away. Our family pooch was 17 when we had to put him down and that was almost 10 years ago now and I still remember the day it was horrible.
Thinking of you xo

Hope your midwife appointment goes really well for you! That would be a wonderful idea to name your daughter Jessica or Jessie if its a boy. That would be delightful. Have a good cry sometimes you need to let it allll out at once.

Awww hun. I'm so glad u posted. I had to put my lovely girl Tess to sleep two weeks ago. I was 9 weeks at the time and it was so distressing. We'd had my dog 16 and a half years... half my life and it was so hard having to make that decision. She was also our family pet before we lost my mum, then dh and i adopted her 5 years ago when my mum died.

We asked vet to come to our home and put her to sleep. It was the last kind thing i could do for her and she went quickly and is burried in our garden. I'm having a wee plaque made up for her to honour her memory as she truely was the best dog.

i cried for two days and then finally i got it together and remembered all the good times. We have lots of fantastic memories and i like to think she has been reunited with my mum xxx

Big hugs Hun I also lost my dog yesterday, and she was 14! My parents had her mum so I had her since I was 8 years old, it devastated me too, but was also sort of a relief as she was struggling, loosing weight eyesight and other problems, it's so hard though their like a family member xx

Massive hugs sweetie, I lost my grandad, my granny and my 13 year old dog in the space of 2 weeks when I was between 10 and 12 weeks pregnant. It was such a horrible time but I'm sure your lo will be ok, just take care of yourself x x x

Thanks everyone for your kind words, and i'm sorry for all your losses too. The midwife appointment was just a welcome thing, I got my bounty pack, visited the hospital I will be giving birth in (we've just moved to the area, so the hospital is all new to us.) But it took my mind off things

Then we took my DD for ride round the park on her bike. I'm feeling a lot better today, I still get tearful if I talk to someone about the events of yesterday but i'm not bursting into tears like yesterday.

It was the best thing for her it's just that she deteriorated very quickly so by the time we took her to the vets, she could hardly breathe, which was more distressing, the vet took her off me to make her comfortable and get her ready for the injection and when I went in, to be with her, the vet asked if I wanted a minute with her, but I said no I just wanted it over with quickly (for her sake) and then after I realised there's no second chances so I didn't say goodbye properly. I gave her a kiss after but by then she'd already gone. So I felt it was too late. I was stroking her the whole time though. But it was the speed it all happened. At the time I wanted it to be quick so se wasn't suffering then after I felt like I should've spent a few minutes with her first.

She's at peace now and she was a loving and lovely dog, who will never been forgotton x x x x

:nope: its hard I know.. my cat had chronic kidney failure, but in the end the meds and everything stopped working. It was really hard too, I couldn't even go to the vet to drop her off I got my DH to.
Even now its sad and its been about a year. It gets better, its nice when you focus on how your pet was and how they enjoyed life while they were healthy.

I'm trimester/thread hopping - just wanted to say I'm so sorry :-/ :-/ will say some prayers for you in hopes you can find some peace. My dogs are my everything and its the worst feeling in the world to say goodbye :-( getting choked up just thinking of what you're going through, girl - :hugs:
Congrats on BFP!!!!! THAT is a wonderful wonderful thing!!!!!! Life's ups and downs are crazy sometimes!!!! Hang in there!

I'm so sorry to hear this , it is so upsetting when a pet that has been a part of our family passes away. It is very understandable why you are upset . Take as much time as you need to grieve , I'm sure with time you will remember the good times you had together . They were very lucky to have had you to share their lives with xxxxx xx

Awwww I'm really sorry! I've been there & know how hard it is. It will get better in time. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->