I had my little boy....

Claire300

Mum to 2 lovely boys!
Reaction score
....and I love him to bits!

I went through a period of being very sad about not having a girl. We always said we'd only have 2 children, and it never ever occurred to me that I might not have a girl. Just assumed I would. I was very shocked when I was told I was having a 2nd boy, and I started to question our future plans. We were having 2 children (a boy & a girl in theory!) then hubby was getting the old snippety-snip and that would be that. I was left questioning whether we would try for a 3rd, in the hopes that I might have a girl.

Joshua was born 6 weeks ago, and he's beautiful. My older son adores him and they are so cute together. I wouldn't change him for anything.

My husband and I had a discussion the other day. If Joshua had been a girl, there's no question, we'd definitely have stopped, we only wanted 2 kids after all. If we were to have a 3rd, it wouldn't be because we wanted 3 children, it would simply be to try for a girl, and lets face it, it'll probably be another boy anyway! For us, it's not a good enough reason to have a baby we're not really planning to have, just on the off chance it's a girl.

Our final decision is: We are going ahead with the snip. The universe said we'd have 2 beautiful boys, if after the vasectomy one of his little swimmers gets through, boy or girl, then it's meant to be. If not, then I have my boys.

I know this was long, and not actually a question, it's just I gave myself such a hard time when I was pregnant, feeling guilty for having gender disappointment. With me at least, now he's here, I'm very very happy with what I've got!

Thank you for sharing this. I am also in the same boat in a way, I'm expecting number 2 and always assumed one of each but we don't know the sex this time. OH also planned to have the snip and I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't ever crossed my mind about a 3rd. But I agree with your reasoning and it would be the same for us. I would only ever have a 3rd if I wanted a 3rd child, not a girl.

Congratulations on your little boy!

I know what you mean for sure. I had always pictured I'd have three children, but I think if my second had been a girl I would have stopped with that. And this baby could very well boy number three, but I don't think I would have felt right not having n umber 3, I don't know why but 3 just sticks out for me?! It's strange.

The whole trying again just for one gender is never a good idea, you either want to have another baby or not. I think you guys are making the right decision!

Thank you for sharing and congrats on your little boy. I am going through some disapointment with my first being a boy and I keep thinking what if #2 is a boy. We planned on having two but keep thinking maybe we could have three. You are making the right deicision and I hope that if I am in your position one day that I will make the same decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->