I hate the pill!!

detterose

Reaction score
Every time I go on the pill, my libido is gone almost immediately and I just turn my OH away. I have only been on it for a week this time. Feeling sooooo hormonal and just want to vent! I hate hormones :cry:

Yes, hormones suck! I came off the pill a few months ago, have had enough. Back to condoms for now but at least I don't flinch or shout at OH when he comes near me!

Have you thought of a coil?

I've got the Mirena coil which does give out hormones but only to my womb and ovaries, not systemically in to my blood stream. This means it affects my mood much less.

Of course if you don't like it, it isn't the most pleasant thing to get removed - but it doesn't sound like you are having much fun at this point anyway!

I have been on it for over 2 weeks now. Sex drive long gone. OH has tried and failed so many times. Poor guy. I literally shove him away. *sigh* We fell unexpectedly pregnant in June and had an MC so we definitely need some form of contraception. I have thought about the Mirena as one of the doctors where I work is trained to insert them. But like you said there is the hassle of having it taken out as well if it doesnt agree with me. And so many people say they bled on and off for like 6 or more months.. But I guess I wont know til I try it! All I know is my body HATES the pill lol

My DH has actually banned me ever going back on the pill. I thought I just had a low libido for years. Came off the pill just before ttc and realised it was fully due to the pill. The mini pill which I was on for 3yrs, after 12years on combined, actually gave me anxiety. I don't think the medical profession accept the huge hormonal impact of the pill - whenever I asked my GP about it she said it couldn't cause the anxiety or low libido as it was regulating my hormones. Hmm.

Thats great! Bet I will be one of the few who bleed for like 6 months straight :haha:

Oh completely agree. They are horrible inventions. Probably great for contraception because you literally never want to have sex!!! Lol!

Ha! That's what I always say. No wonder I never got pregnant on it - would have been like the immaculate conception! Hope you find something that suits you hun. We're sticking to condoms at the moment but really would like to give the iud a go but the copper and not mirena as that still contains progesterone as pp said and I think any amount bothers me.

I was thinking about the copper one too but I have heard they can make period pain if you get a period anyway, excruciating! Cant win with any of them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->