I have a 2 yr old whos still on the bottle?

Nikkie28

Mother Of 2...
Reaction score
I have a 2yr old who on the bottle ive tried everything she just wont leave it alone.. Also she wont stop bitting and hitting..
What do i do?

If you want to get rid of the bottle and she can drink from a cup, my only advice is to throw them out. I did that too, my daughter realised after a day that the bottles were no more. And if she was thirsty she'd have to drink from a cup.

throw them all away. dont even keep one.
dont have any advice for the hitting, but if Colton bites someone or me, I will bite him back. It's the best way to show them that it hurts, and someone else gets hurt when they do it to them.

Does she only have the bottle to go to sleep? Or do you mean she wont drink out of anything else? My little girl didnt give up her bottle or naps until 2 and a half...but she was drinking from beakers and cups during the day other than nap time.

As for biting and hitting...As marchbaby said, i bit my son back when he bit me (obviously not hard) and he doesnt do it anymore. But hes younger. As for hitting...naughty step!!

Throw the bottles out, i did with my sons about 3 months ago and he has not even mentioned it once :)

I let my daughter pick a princess cup that she wanted. When we got home we threw the bottles away together and i told her she was a big girl and she drank from a big girls cup.

If that doesn't work i think you will just have to throw them away, she'll get used to it.

My son was on a bottle until 2 years too. It wasn't milk though. But I took them all away and replaced it with a cup. And I didn't give in. He soon got used to it when he saw no other option.

I got my son to throw them in the bin himself, I told him he was big boy/great boy/ very good boy etc etc and it worked. He now uses all different cups and sports bottles.

As for the hitting we introduced the 'naughty step' too, very effective; it definitely works. My son was hitting his baby sister so I used the naughty step when he hit her. I have only had to use it 3 times in 6 months:happydance:

On the bottle, haven't tried it yet (as we don't need to), but a good trick I've heard is to cut a cross at the top of the teat. If that doesn't work, you cut the triangles (between the cross) off, one at the time, till your child doesn't like it anymore because the flow is too fast.

As for hitting, naughty step is what my nephews and niece get and it works.

With my little brother my mum got rid of all the big bottles and he just had the half size bottles and then gradually, one by one they kept getting lost....until one day they "couldnt find" the last one.....so they looked and looked....and in the meantime while they was "looking" he had to use a cup.....when he did cry she just let him....he cant be that thirsty if he wont drink from a cup and after a while he drank from the cup.....

Or try the big boy approach.....take him out to pick and choose his new big boy cup......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->