I have an embarrassing question!

shirlls

Reaction score
I feel really embarrassed about this but I need to ask (sorry for the tmi in this post).

I have mild IBS and this happens occasionally even when I am not pregnant however is happening all the time at the moment now I am 10 weeks pregnant. I get constipation and then suddenly out of nowhere it comes on that I need to go and is usually diarrhea. Typically it is usually when I am outdoors, shopping, in a public place, or at work. I have a thing about going to the loo when not in my own house (I mean for a poo). I know that sounds prudish but I can't help it.

Sometimes this means that I sit holding on to it until I get home and this can cause discomfort and some stomach cramps. Am I endangering my pregnancy doing this? Sorry if that sounds really daft but I just wondered if anyone knew.

I hate having IBS! :(

I think this would hurt you, not the baby. It could damage your colon which is not something you wanna do.

I can't answer the thing about it being bad for the pregnancy since I haven't been pregnant (yet?). But I also have IBS and do know the feeling about having to visit the toilet. :flower:

I can be quite prude about these things as well but if I urgently have to visit the toilet if I'm not at home, I have to. I find that if I don't, and try to hold it until I'm home, I get a more severe pain. I also don't think that's it's that good to not doing anything but wait until a better time. If you have to go, you have to go...

You're not going to hurt your pregnancy by holding it, but you could weaken your sphincter muscles and become incontinent.

Just go! Lol I don't have ibs, but since my last pregnancy when I have to poo- I have to go NOW. No amount of hoping or holding will prevent te inevitable.

Hi,

I have ibs and today was on the tram and had to jump off 2 stops earlier than i wanted to go in nearest toilet which was a bowling alley because i all of a sudden got cramps and sweats and then had awful diarreah! Luckily i got their in time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->