I have an overprotective husband

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I love the man to the ends of the Earth but I'm about to beat my husband upside the head. That might be the hormones talking:haha:

I just have to complain to somebody, or I might explode. I really want to visit my best friend (also pregnant) for the day and go see the rodeo in her town about 4 hours away. I would be 32 weeks then, and it might be my last time to spend a day enjoying time with my best friend for quite awhile. Hubby says I can't go :cry: He doesn't like the thought of me driving pregnant, because according to him "It's bad enough if you get hurt in an accident but I would hate it if Lucy was hurt too." It's very sweet, but also incredibly annoying too. I keep coming up with different places I'd like to go to this summer but every single time I get the same answer: No.

Hey MrsStutler,

How about a compromise? Is there another way you could travel?
Could you meet your friend halfway for a day out together and forego the rodeo?

On the flip side - does he get antsy when you go to the local shops?
Surely you can't stay indoors for months on end? Ultimately, you could have an accident at home, on your doorstep etc Obviously not wanting to be a drama queen but let's be realistic here. xxx

Being protective to a certain extent is necessary and quite sweet but 'not being allowed' and told 'no' is bordering on possessive in my book. It's not my aim to upset but ultimately, you have a big say in what you do. I hope you guys an find a happy medium. :hugs:

Will the baby not go in the car after she is born?

It's sweet he is being so protective but in my opinion it's a little silly. Accidents can happen at any time. If you try to avoid the chance of one you wouldn't be able to live your life.

If it was me I would be going. Like PP says you should try working out a compromise which still involves you going!

I flew on my own with my toddler this week, so I was 32 weeks pregnant!
It's nice to have that bit of a break and get away from it all!

Really hope he'll let you go!

Mine is kind of the same way. He doesn't want me driving far, but I think that stems from my car completely died on my a couple of weeks ago (it's less than year old too!). He doesn't want me bending or doing anything around the house either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->