i have decided...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
to stop being so jealous over other peoples babies..

im sure Ffion will crawl and cruise when she is ready..

and actually.. once she is crawling it means a hell of a lot more work for me anyway.

:hugs: Bless you hun...you have nothing to be jealous of anyway...You have a gorgeous clever baby yourself xxxx

Yep, much more work!

And shes still quite young anyway, enjoy her as a baby cos it soon passes.

Ive only had the one, and with him i couldnt wait to get to the next milestone, but with my next i want it to go much more slower cos it went too fast with my son.

:hug:

Thats great hon, Ffion is a gorgeous baby girl and she will do things at her own time, my nephew wasn't crawling till he was 11months and Jasmine was at 6months! But my neice was walking at 7months. Im sure once Ffion starts she won't stop lol

you're definitely thinking the right way I think!

I find it hard not to be jealous too. Especially as most of our real life baby friends are at least a month older than Ally but because he's so big he's the same size and I forget that he is younger and so won't be as advanced anyway!

Ffion is gorgeous and looks like she is doing so well. I hope you can stop worrying now you've decided to stop comparing her :hugs:

summer not crawling or cruising yet and she is nearly 2 months older than ffion..... and im not jealous at all. she will do everything when she is ready, im happy she is still in the same place playing with her toys if i just pop out the room :)

i think with Rhys i really pushed him to crawl and to walk, i was constantly trying to make him grow up. he was crawling by 6 months and walking unaided by 10 months. i was really pleased..

but with Ffion i DO want her to be a baby for longer, but i got caught up with comparing her with others, really i think shes just fine the way she is.

:hugs: its the right way to be honey, i too just take a relaxed approach and love it when maddi does things in her own time. ffion is gorgeous and you're doing a wonderful job :hugs: x x x

i think with Rhys i really pushed him to crawl and to walk, i was constantly trying to make him grow up. he was crawling by 6 months and walking unaided by 10 months. i was really pleased..

but with Ffion i DO want her to be a baby for longer, but i got caught up with comparing her with others, really i think shes just fine the way she is.

she's just perfect how she is :hugs:

Caitlins always been as and when shes ready I/we have never pushed her - She did a bit of crawling for a while but nothing constant and I remember it was August when she really picked it up without toppling over so between 8-9 months old I don't think thats bad - shes now 1 has taken 'steps' but isn't walking full on ...Im not concerned about that either we encourage and make it fun laughing and she dives for us after 3-5 steps laughing but definately don't push her nor am I worried about other peoples LOs who have walked before her age I have seen these steps vary so much between different kids from people on the forum so why worry as you say :D

Valerie isn't crawling yet and she's 7 months! She's content doing the army crawl and that's fine by me! :) Glad you're not worryin anymore! :)

i think with Rhys i really pushed him to crawl and to walk, i was constantly trying to make him grow up. .

I think thats exactly what i did, and looking back i regret not enjoying him for longer as a baby. If Ffion is to be ur last, make the most of her x

Jack doesn't crawl either, just gets frustrated & gives up :rofl: I'm not worried - I just think how much harder it's going to be when he does crawl, he rolls around at the moment, so can't leave him alone for more than a min either!

I'll be really honest, I get irritated with Toria always posting about how far advanced Caitlyn is etc etc. And then I realise that its actually just me being really competitive which is stupid.

Its something that as a mother I need to be extremely careful of. Both me and my OH are extremely competitive and there have already been moments where we are competitive with our son (eg: His cousin was crawling at 6 months so we were trying too hard to teach him so he would do it at the same time or earlier).

Note: Toria, I'm not taking a dig at you, I just used you as an example here. I love reading you posts about how well she is doing (its just the nasty horrible side of me that doesn't :) )

I think its natural for us to want our kids to be the best !!! Its how we manage that feeling thats important.

I tend to worry when I say how advanced Jasmine is because I think others will get jealous which I don't want, we all have beautiful babies and they will do things at there own time xx

Awwww hun, you have a beautiful clever little girl, I was the same with Dec, he didnt crawl until 7 months and tbh from what I have read 7 months seems to be the average age to crawl, I used to compare Dec all the time esp. on line but then I thought I dont know these people I dont know what their kids are doing FOR REAL !!! Know what I mean.
So enjoy your baby girl, because she is not going to be a baby for much longer and like you said once she goes thats it lots of work for mummy !!!!! Lol

im guilty to , i do the same thing with Ella , i compare everyone elses babies to her and it just seems she is so far behind.
She is crawling but army crawling :dohh: :lol:
Tbh i think FFion is doing wonderfully, plus imo i think it cos they gave another sibling so they just watch them and dont bother doing things for themself :rofl: my mum said this about my brother!

:hugs:

Hun really there is no need to worry about when they reach milestones as they all reach them in their own time. I must have one of the laziest babies on here as Ruby isnt sitting up yet and very rarely rolls but she is my daughter and i am proud of her just the way she is xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->