I have done some reasearch on the Eastenders story of Kat and Ronnie

The thing is that the ronnie storyline can happen in real life! I had a stillbirth about 6 years ago and my cousin had a baby girl around about the same time has well! Dont judge me, but I 'stole' my cousins baby for about ten mins or so. I wasn't convinced that the baby was mine or anything but in those first few hours you are in shock and in denial and you just want to hold any baby to fill that void and gap! I realised what i had done and gave her back almost straight away.

I am upset by the eastenders storyline myself but not because its giving a bad name to angel mummys but because i can actually relate to it and i have done something similar in real life myself. The people who say that it doesn't happen, it does happen and it is more common than we think.

I joined a stillbirth support group a few years ago and nearly all of the angel mummy's said they thought about taking a baby or were convinced every time they saw a baby it was their angel and wanted to care for it to fill the empty void and space inside. People deal with grief in their own way. And IMHO Ronnie is dealing with her grief/shock/denial in her own way. Bearing in mind that she has lost children before and losing another one in extreme circumstances and everything that she has been though, she was bound to snap sooner or later.

So in my opinion the ronnie storyline isn't far fetched at all, if anything it sounds like they have done they research in to it well.

thanks for sharing that :hugs: hun

Are people forgettin emmerdale did a similar story a few years back? Cant remember this amount of outrage then

Emmerdale handled the topic far more sensitively

Are people forgettin emmerdale did a similar story a few years back? Cant remember this amount of outrage then

Emmerdale did it brilliantly.

They handled is very sensitively and it was simple.

EE are desperate to shock and sensationalise rather than portray and accurate story.

V xxx

There was an article on Digital Spy yesterday about how many viewers they got for that episode (9m I believe?!) Obvious what they're doing it for :dohh:

they were clever in how they did it by making us relate to both women but for me it crosses the line and i found it worrying and perhaps a little too upsetting

to me I watch eastenders to unwind and considering i was still worrying bout the episode when i went to bed that night it certainly didnt do that!

The woman who plays Ronnie has quit because of it.

The woman who plays Ronnie has quit because of it.
It just said on the news that she has quit but "thats not the reason why"

I dont believe them lol.

Hopefully that will mean it is ending soon, like it all comes out and so she has to leave the Square. Hopefully...

It's very confusing, some people have said she's not quitting so.... who knows :haha: but at least the storyline is going to be cut early :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->