I have finally made up my mind

Well, booked and paid the deposit fcor the hypnobirthing course. Seeing as most of it is psychological I will be ignoring all further negativity around my plan and keep positive. :)

I said through my pregnancy with DD that I would go pain free, but that was when I thought i'd go into labour, I was induced after a bleed at 40+6 and laboured on my back for 29 hours - and after all my talk had an epi at TWO cm! haha. But I pushed her out with no pain relief as the epi had stopped working at all about 3 hours before having her, so could walk straight after etc.

I think you shouldn't listen to those that scoff - but make sure you yourself are ok, if you get to a point and you decide to medicate - don't beat yourself up if it's not what you expect, I put unnecessary guilt onto myself for weeks for being 'weak'. But if you go in with your hypnobirthing techniques and remain calm, I'm sure you'll nail it!

with this one - if I go into labour and its progressing well, not posterior bub etc I will 100% try for drug free :D It's nice to know the epi isn't as scary as I thought though, I was TERRIFIED of it all through pregnancy #1!

My plan is to go as long as I can, I had gas and air last time, and this was while being induced, which apparently is more intense.

My labour failed to progress, but I have read sometimes this happens, and it does start up again, so next time I am going to try a tens machine, if I have a slow labour as long as baby is happy I'm going to wait as long as I can before I take the section option again xx

My pain free plan is simply my best case senario plan. If shit hits the fan it hits the fan. I am sensible enough to know that sometimes things don't go to plan and that is not my fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->