I have gallstones is it safe to ttc

sunflower82

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Hi ladies I had a mc march 2013 at 18 weeks now I found out I have gallstones
I don't see the doctor until September 12 so is it safe to ttc or to hold off until I
See the doc and see what she has to say the wait is making me depressed my
Due date would've been next month August 4 th

So sorry for your loss. :(

Having had gallstones before, if I were in your shoes, I'd wait until I had my gallbladder removed before TTC. Gallstones suck and are so stressful to your body and so painful that I'd want my gallbladder gone before adding the stress of a baby. Especially since you probably don't want to do surgery while pregnant. It would suck to go 9-10 months with gallstones if you could have just waited a month or two?

But that's just my 2c. :)

I think your right I will wait I'm just scared
After having them removed will it cause issues
For my pregnancy

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about that. I had my daughter perfectly happy and healthy after having my gallbladder out. :) It didn't bug me in the least to not have one!

Hi hun. I didnt have gall stones but did have my gallbladder removed and a double bypass built in feb after my liver was scrambled in a car crash last year.

I didnt have a period for 3 mnth after.

Id wait. You wouldnt want to catch on only then to have surgery .

Im o'ing fine now tho....but....whereas my cycles were always 28 days.....I can now be 1, 2, 3 days late xx

I've had gallstones and bad attacks for about u years now. I luckily seemed to avoid them when pregnant, but there is no way you'd want to be 20+ weeks and have an attack. The pressure on the gallbladder would make for excruciating pain. And pregnancy tends to make gallbladder problems worse, either during or after pregnancy (mine are much worse now). I would wait.

I developed gallstones towards the end of my pregnancy, the pain was awful as couldn't take any painkillers. I eventually got it taken out when lo was 8 weeks old due to seriously abnormal liver results and was awful. Would defo recommend getting it out first as those first weeks for me suffering post c-section and then gallstone attacks was horrific plus had to keep going to a&e and waking lo up late at night to go. Was so disruptive and couldn't be alone with him in case I had attack as couldnt pick him up or anything.
My cycles went back to normal straight after as I had keyhole surgery, just have to be careful what you eat for a short whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->