I have learnt to knit!!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by Mazzy17, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mazzy17

Mazzy17 Well-Known Member

Yup I have taught myself to knit and have already made a beautiful Team yellow blanket for my friend who is due in Feb and I have started making one for my brother when his little boy is due.

A few others are asking me to knit some blankets for their older children too. And im going to start knitting baby booties at some point too. It doesnt bother me they are not for mine yet, i keep thinking its practise for mine :flower:

2. AC1987

AC1987 Mom of 2 DD's

thats awesome! :) I like to crochet myself.. and umm have already made some blankets for whenever I have a baby :haha:

3. Mazzy17

Mazzy17 Well-Known Member

Well I watch a lot of films and tv but i need something to keep my hands busy and this works

4. LilLeafyLea

LilLeafyLea Well-Known Member

Well done you :) I love to knit and crochet but I'm a starter, not a finisher! Maybe this should be a knit and show thread to display our creations! It might encourage me to finish something more complicated than a scarf or simple bags!

5. ms sunshine

ms sunshine Well-Known Member

you know I was thinking the other day I wanted to knit something for my baby when I get my bfp. my mum did all sorts when I was little, and I just think babies in little wooly cardigans and little booties is just too cute x

6. AC1987

AC1987 Mom of 2 DD's

I made one for if I get pg with a girl, then another I started on(lazy and need to finish it) for if I get pg with a boy :)

Attached Files:

7. Cara89

Cara89 Happily TTC #1

Awesome! I want to learn to either knit or crochet, although right now things are super hectic - but I intend to start either before/at the start of December. :)

8. MrsFX

MrsFX Well-Known Member

technical question. What size needles did you use? i really like the loose 'weave'. How long did that take you. Well done for achieving such a consistent look. you must be a natural.

9. AC1987

AC1987 Mom of 2 DD's

I didn't knit it, I crocheted it :) I have no idea how to knit. It didn't take me long making the first one probably 1-2 months depending on how much I did a day.. usually I just do about a row or two a day. But the one I'm half way on I started about a year and a bit ago and just haven't finished.

10. mrsk3212

mrsk3212 Active Member

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted on BnB for sooooo long as still WTT so to be honest not a lot to post about (and trying to keep off it too much so I don't start obsessing about babies again!) :) - but couldn't resist this post as I'm a craft addict! (although I'm a starter not a finisher too......)

I just found out my sister is expecting her first so I've starting knitting for her but rather than baby clothes I thought I'd go a bit different and make some baby safe toys to give to her in a toy basket - my sister has always liked monkeys so I found a pattern for a little boy and girl monkey and got wools to match her nursery colours so here's my first attempt at one attached!

I'm on with the boy now then will be knitting some building blocks with pictures and letters on and not sure what else yet..... :)

xxx

Attached Files:

11. Cara89

Cara89 Happily TTC #1

That is adorable Mrsk!! Great job!