I have learnt to knit!!

Mazzy17

Reaction score
Yup I have taught myself to knit and have already made a beautiful Team yellow blanket for my friend who is due in Feb and I have started making one for my brother when his little boy is due.

A few others are asking me to knit some blankets for their older children too. And im going to start knitting baby booties at some point too. It doesnt bother me they are not for mine yet, i keep thinking its practise for mine :flower:

thats awesome! :) I like to crochet myself.. and umm have already made some blankets for whenever I have a baby :haha:

Well I watch a lot of films and tv but i need something to keep my hands busy and this works

Well done you :) I love to knit and crochet but I'm a starter, not a finisher! Maybe this should be a knit and show thread to display our creations! It might encourage me to finish something more complicated than a scarf or simple bags!

you know I was thinking the other day I wanted to knit something for my baby when I get my bfp. my mum did all sorts when I was little, and I just think babies in little wooly cardigans and little booties is just too cute x

I made one for if I get pg with a girl, then another I started on(lazy and need to finish it) for if I get pg with a boy :)

Attachments

• 2281.jpg
    2281.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2282.jpg
    2282.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
Awesome! I want to learn to either knit or crochet, although right now things are super hectic - but I intend to start either before/at the start of December. :)

technical question. What size needles did you use? i really like the loose 'weave'. How long did that take you. Well done for achieving such a consistent look. you must be a natural.

technical question. What size needles did you use? i really like the loose 'weave'. How long did that take you. Well done for achieving such a consistent look. you must be a natural.

I didn't knit it, I crocheted it :) I have no idea how to knit. It didn't take me long making the first one probably 1-2 months depending on how much I did a day.. usually I just do about a row or two a day. But the one I'm half way on I started about a year and a bit ago and just haven't finished.

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted on BnB for sooooo long as still WTT so to be honest not a lot to post about (and trying to keep off it too much so I don't start obsessing about babies again!) :) - but couldn't resist this post as I'm a craft addict! (although I'm a starter not a finisher too......)

I just found out my sister is expecting her first so I've starting knitting for her but rather than baby clothes I thought I'd go a bit different and make some baby safe toys to give to her in a toy basket - my sister has always liked monkeys so I found a pattern for a little boy and girl monkey and got wools to match her nursery colours so here's my first attempt at one attached!

I'm on with the boy now then will be knitting some building blocks with pictures and letters on and not sure what else yet..... :)

xxx

Attachments

• Carly.jpg
    Carly.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member