I have questions on ttc no 1, can you help??

mushy1981

Reaction score
Hi I'm clare aged 30 and my fiance is 28 we've been trying to conceive for approx 5-6 months properly.

me- been tested for mild pcos on one ovary, am overweight too. I use angus cactus to help regulate my cycles and boost the big O! (which has helped get my cycles from 50 days to 33 ish!) I use IC's to track my ovualtion and this happens most months on day 19-23 of my cycle. :thumbup:

fiance - sperm all good and no other issues. :thumbup:

Wanted to know if anyone is in a similar situation when using opk's if they think the egg is released on the day of the surge and pos opk or maybe it;s later and could be say 2 or even 3 days after the opk?. I always end up with really sore boobies with my pos opk and increased cm. See we tend to dtd loads before i get the pos opk and on the day but stop the day after as need a break as it's does get tiring and a tad sore if you know what i mean!? LOL

Am i missing the eggy?? :nope:

Also if the egg was catch would my boobs still carry on being sore because of the hormones or should they not hurt if i was indeed preggo?? :wacko:

I am on day 5 past ov this m onth and so far all i can say is that im v tired, v v v v v sore boobs, sore throat. How soon after the big O should we test, is day 9 to early???????? When does implantation occur after ovualtion too?

Any other advice would be great. :happydance:

If anyone would like an official buddy on 30 and ttc no 1 gthat'd be lovely jubbly!

Clare xx

PS sorry about all the Q's

hello claire ovulation can occur upto 48hrs after the surge but sperm lasts 2_5 days so even if you bd on the day of surge it should still do the trick.
I have tried angus castus before but discovered a 12cm cyst on my ovary and a discovered it can cause cysts so i stoped using it and just whent on to pregnacare conception and all seems well,
about the sore bbs symptoms are different for everyone you could still be preggers without having sore bbs but still having them long after ov is a good sighn so is being very tired both of which i have at the moment as well as heartburn.
Implantation usually takes place arround 9 days ish but its best to wate till about the time af is due.
Also are you taking folic acid its v important to start taking before you conceve.
Good luck and lots of :dust:

Hi Clare - Like wannabeamomma said, OV can take place up to two days after your positive OPK. Have you tried temping/charting? It's quite useful. This is my first month and I use www.countdowntopregnancy.com to keep track of my temps. I got my first positive OPK on CD13 and another much stronger one on CD14. Because I also chart my temps, I was able to pinpoint my ovulation to CD15 since my temp spiked on CD16.

We :sex: on CD11, 12, 14 and twice on CD13. Unfortunately I had to work out of town on CD15 so we didn't get to DTD but I'm hoping there were enough :spermy: waiting around for the ova to still give us a :bfp: I'm going to test on 4/12.

Charting is super easy. You could read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility if you want some extra help learning how to do it or learning how to interpret the temps. And it's cheaper than using OPKs too! I got my BBT thermometer for about $10 on Amazon and only used 3 OPKs this month because I used them based on my temps to determine if my temp surge was accurate, etc.

Anyway, good luck to you! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->