i have read on a few threads about hosp bags for oh's

suzib76

Reaction score
what really i dont get it that some people are taking a change of clothes and shower/shaving stuff for their oh's - where will they use them, now not wanting to be funny but i would doubt they will be allowed to take a shower in the labour ward - do some hospitals have public showering facilities? ours doesnt but please clear this one up for me coz i keep reading about it but actually have no idea how it would work in practice
and if there is a way to get my dh looking good afetr a marathon session with me in labour, then i am actually all for it :)

Mine does have a private shower that he can use, but I know a lot of hospitals don't. We are just taking freshening up wipes and deodourant for him as if we end up going to the hospital straight after he has finished work he could have been in his clothes for 36-48 hours before the baby is born and will want to freshen up. Also we are taking a spare set of clothes as he wants to have skin to skin contact as soon as possible so his top mat be covered in blood which doesn't look great on photos.

My DH is only planning to take a few mags, his i-pod (if he thinks he's tuning out he's got another think coming but we'll save that for the time...) and a picnic. He likes his food and his ex-wife tells a very funny story of how at the very second their first was born he couldn't speak as he was too busy chomping on a Viscount biscuit. I can see history repeating...

LOL only thing my OH said he will be taking is a cross word x

I'm packing him a change of clothes as you never know how long you'll be there and also because they could get messed up, but don't think shower things are necessary! He could probably have a quick freshen up in the loos perhaps? I'm also thinking of taking some swim shorts for him in case I have a water birth and they allow him to get into the pool with me (although I'm not so sure DH is keen on this idea!!)

Im just going to take a change of boxers, clean tshirt, deoderant and food.

My OH is a sweaty git, and all delivery rooms at my hospital are kept at 25 degrees. If we are in there for a long time and he ends up being all stinky I'll want him to have a quick wash and spray in the toilet!!!

Im just going to take a change of boxers, clean tshirt, deoderant and food.

My OH is a sweaty git, and all delivery rooms at my hospital are kept at 25 degrees. If we are in there for a long time and he ends up being all stinky I'll want him to have a quick wash and spray in the toilet!!!

yeah it's only fair to think of them too :)
like boomerslady said, the rooms are at a constant temperature.
i'll also be sweating which i'm not looking forward too, i hate feel hot!

i wont be taking shaving stuff though, waste of time, i'd rather him looking rugged than stinking to high heaven haha so i'll be taking face wipes for him to use in the loo's and also deoderant and a different top, also a jumper for afterwards. Oh and food because he likes food :) x

Same as the other ladies, I'll be taking a change of clothes for DH as we have no idea how long we'll be in a hot hospital for - chances are he'll be very sweaty. Don't want him walking around in a bloody shirt either if/when he gets to hold our little girl before she's been cleaned.

As for shaving stuff, I'm not doing that. Some of the ladies say that they don't like their DH having moustache/stubble and think their kiddos won't like it either - so want a shave before cuddling/kissing the baby.

We live 2 mins from hospital so wont take anything for hubby sorry ladies!!!

My DH just went home to freshen up :shrug:

Mine will be doing the same. Even partners aren't allowed to stay at the hospital the entire time, which means he'll be getting kicked out at some point. I'll want him back as soon as possible, but since he has to go home anyway there's no point in me packing for him as well. He can share my stuff if he needs something :)

I've just packed a clean tshirt and some snacks for DH. The tshirt is a kind of present cos it says "I'm the daddy" on it, thought it'd look dead cute in the first baby pics :)

We live half an hour's drive away from the hospital so not really possible for him to just pop home to freshen up, hoping they take this into account when they are deciding whether I need to be sent home during labour or not.

I'd not thought about packing DH a change of clothes just incase things get messy - good idea, I'll add that to the ever growing list! I was more worried about having something to stop him getting/looking bored...I have visions of his best 'I hate shopping' face appearing during the quiet bits!

Thanks ladies x

My mums taking a change of clothes in the car incase she has to meet me at the hospital straight from work, also shes gonna take her glasses and contact stuff with her each day just incase as if im in labour a long time she will need to take her contacts out and wear her glasses. Also some deoderant and her toothbrush. All the snacks i have are for the both of us.

Il prob just take a spare t-shirt for my OH...incase of some fluid/blood splashes :wacko:

dont want him covered in gunk when we take our first pictures lol...although he's a contact lenses wearer which was mentioned so glasses/spare contacts is prob a good idea! Thanks! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->