I have slapped cheek :( so worried

Willow01

Reaction score
Had a blood test at my 28 week midwife appointment 2 weeks ago and and midwife called me today to confirm that I have contracted slapped cheek. I'm so upset I've read a lot about this and very worried about what could happen, I can't stop crying :( The midwife said that as I am now 30 weeks the risks of me passing it onto him are small but doesn't make me feel any better. Does anyone have any words of advice/been through this?x

i havent had it hon, but some of my family had it while i was preg so i was tested for it and read up on it. xxx
chances of bub gettin it are small, if bub did get it, chances of him needing treatment are small. and if he did need treatment they can treat bub inside ur womb.
so if against all odds he did get it, the likely hood is that all would still be well .
its more dangerous if they dont know u have it and dont monitor bub properly cos of it.
u will need extra scans and care , but thats not a bad thing :)
u get to see him more often .
husg hon, i know u would still be really worried but just keep in mind that it is treatable if baby does get it. but the risk of him gettin it at this stage is very small

I haven't had it, but teach and was in a school where there was slapped cheek. I had to stay off to get blood results and did a lot of reading during that time. Google can be your own worst enemy at times. I think end of first tri beginning of second is where your baby is at highest risk. The chance of you passing it on to baby are small now and as the previous poster said you should now be monitored so they will be able to pick up anything so quickly and will be able to treat baby. Chances of needing any treatment are small though. I know it is a very worrying time but keep positive.....I'm sure baby will be perfectly healthy and oblivious to any of this!xx

its the human version of the parvo virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->