I have strep b, just found out im pregnant

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Hello. After Eliza was born they told me I had strep b. Currently still haveit. Will this effect baby? X

Have the treated it with antibiotics? That usually clears it up. Although a lot of women have strep b that comes and goes and that's why there is no routine testing in the UK. I had it with my son, was told I would need antibiotics through labour but my labour was too fast so didn't get any. Although my son luckily had no complications. We just had to stay in hospital a few extra days to have him monitored. I imagine they will test you closer to your due date and if you still have it they will offer you iv antibiotics through your labour. It honestly isn't anything to stress about though, yes there are some horrible stories about it but it isn't common for it to be harmful to baby if it's treated.

Yes I had strep b with dd and I had antibiotics on a drip during labour and birth.

If it's in your urine then you should have antibiotics treatment for 7-10 days but if it's found in a swab then they leave it. Either way if it's present in your oregnancy you should have antibiotics during labour. I had it in my urine a few weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->