I have this problem...

Ilovemychild

Reaction score
My son is currently 15 and a half months old. I feel like now is the perfect time to start TTC for number 2. My husband.. not so much. He wants to wait a few more years. Im okay with this.... but I feel like Conner deserves a younger brother or sister to grow up with. 2 years and change would be perfect spacing. DH wants to wait until the money is right, the house is right, the car is right, the jobs are right.. and I feel like now is right. We dont have everything in this world.. but we have a family and I feel like one more would complete us!

Sigh.. il just have to wait.

Anyone else in this predicament??

i'm in the exact same boat as you! Hubby wants to wait, but I feel now is right. Why do you have to wait for the things you want? I think it's so unfair! I want Olivia to have a sibling close to her as well..I hate waiting on hubby!

It's the exact same for me as well at the moment. I am waiting on my OH. I'm really trying to understand his view point, and be patient, and know that if he is just not ready he isn't ready, but oh man it's the hardest part of all of this for me. The unknown of when we might start to try.

My OH wants to wait for us to save the money we need for our house/mortgage. That's fine but at the moment it looks set to be 2 or 3 years working full time for us both before we can even contemplate it, and that's a very scary thought for me! Once we have our house, we will have mortgage and bills to cover and any maternity leave money I got will definitely not cover things for us. /bit of a rant there!

He's also worried about our financial state, which is actually finally stabilizing. I feel, like you, that now is just 'right'. Its a feeling I cant put down into words i think.

If we happened to fall pregnant I know that he'd make a great dad and would just LOVE the process, it's just the lead up too it that he worries about.

Ahh!
:friends:

Well I'm glad to know that I'm not alone!!

I'm with you girls.. nothing will ever be perfect. How you define perfect anyways? I feel like the struggles are what make you look back on your life in smile!! Those nights that instead of going out, you snuggled up on the couch with a bag of popcorn and made your own fun out of a pj/movie night. I dont know, I guess thats what separates men and women. I'm okay with just barely getting by, as long as we have our family and each other. :)

will the "right" time ever come, all the "right" cars, jobs and money may never come, if it feels right now and u can afford the essentials i dont see the harm in trying but then this is men and there "practical" thinking cap on again :( i hope u can get around him soon :hugs:

Yup! I agree with you!! Now seems as a good a time as any!!

it sucks when you dont have a date to start trying. We at least have a set month that we aregoing to try in.

aww, i personally think waiting 'a few years' is a long time :/

i would want my baby to have a brother/sister that is not years apart. im 22, and my brothers are 15 and 13. we never really 'hung out' because of the age difference.

aww, i personally think waiting 'a few years' is a long time :/

i would want my baby to have a brother/sister that is not years apart. im 22, and my brothers are 15 and 13. we never really 'hung out' because of the age difference.

Theres about 3 years between me and my sister and now shes turned 16 we finally have a little more in common and can chat on a more adult level, but up until then we really didn't have much in common. I'd definitely prefer a smaller gap than that when my time comes. :)

same for my too my brothers are 8 and 6 years older than me

I agree TTC another! You are a wonderful mom! Even conner thinks so.... you should try in june :) LOVE YOU

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->