I have to ask

future_momma

Reaction score
I have been trying to concieve for 6 years with my husband. Long story short we hit a ruff patch and I nded up having sex with some sexy younger guy (please no judgements) and it was day 10 of my cycle around 11 pm. It was that one time then I started having sex with my husband on day 13 three times. Positive opk on day 16 and 17 stongest on 17 so I'm guessing to have ovulated that day. I rarely get ewcm but did this cycle. And I had sex with my husband again cd 16 when opk was positive. My question is...how long does sperm live and if I were to concieve this cycle what chance would it be of not being my husbands? Please supportive posts.

I think generally you ovulate 12 to 36 hours after your positive OPK. So I'm guessing 12 to 36 hours after the one that you had on the 17th. If you had sex with him on the 10 and then not again after that I don't think sperm could live a week or longer. I'm not positive but That is my understanding. I think if you get pregnant this cycle it would have to be your husbands. Good luck!

I agree with above post, not many sperm survive for 7 days and plus only the minority actually reach the egg.

If you were to get your BFP there would be a much higher chance of you getting a BFP and it being your husbands child, as ovulation takes place 12-26 hours after the positive OPK. I think it is rare to get pregnant with sperm that is a week old. Most sperm die off after a couple of days and like I said, only a small amount actually reaches where it needs to be.

You would think that reproducing is so natural so should be easy but yet it can be so hard...so frustrating!

I wish you luck and I hope everything is okay with you and your husband xxx

I agree with all of the above. It would be far more likely for your husband to impregnate you than the other sexy dude.

Thanks it makes me feel a little better. Was worried sick.

Average life span of sperm is 3-5 days. If you ovulated 7 days later chances are higher your DH would be the father if you get pregnant.

after a positive opk you generally ovulate 12-48 hours later. Sperm can live up to 5 days.

Most sperm living that long won't be able to impregnate also, as it does deteriorate after so long.

Ugh 10dpo and feel like crap. We shall see my lp varies 16-18 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->