I have to say something... About men...

Not responding isn't an issue.

It seems most people have zoned into the one part of 'man talk' I said I understood... venting frustrations and supportive replies from gfs etc.

Many of the disrespectful/double standard type posts aren't replies at all but actual topics on how men/a man deserves a kind of treatment which we would all be outraged to hear a woman being the subject of.

I haven't said 'everyone' 'only' writes nasty things about men - so I'm really surprised there's so many defensive/hostile responses :shrug: If you don't see what I see that's ok...

I dont know love. I havent seen the thread/threads that have this in them, so Im probably not in a position to comment x

Ive only ever seen one thread which had that sort of a situation and comments in so its not really all that common. I understand what you mean but I dont think its a major issue. Its not like we sit here all the time and constantly "men bash" iykwim??

I posted a thread last week with regards to my OH saying something very disrespectful and kind of abusive to me and I got responses like leave him, he's an ass etc.... but I wasnt offended and I could understand why women were saying that. I love my OH to bits but everyone has there problems right? And sometimes people dont have anyone to actually talk about things like that, so posting about it in here helps.

Personally, I wouldnt answer someones thread saying "hurt him, take his, money and leave him" but I dont get annoyed when people do... because theyre feeling sorry and hurt for the woman its happening to.

I hope that makes sense.. xx

I wonder if a man came onto the forum and said about his wife that he would 'cut off her breasts and feed them to her' if she did something to piss him off, what would people say? Would it be ok if he said he was only joking? Probably not

I see a lot of double standards. Its ok for women to talk about controlling men and having 'rules'. He isnt allowed to do this or that. But if it was the other way around you would say it was out of order. Thats just one example.

I Noticed this too, there was a thread recently when someone said they had cheated on there partner and no one here said a word but if a man came on and said that he'd get slated...

Half the threads that talk about there OH'S faults turn into a men slanging match .... It refreshing to read the positive in here about men, instead of reading about the stereotype cheating no good man for a change sounds good..... THANKS
https://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:22Svh_tBpVAr4M:https://static-p3.fotolia.com/jpg/00/13/65/46/400_F_13654628_TclMa7WST19jyLSNxoiWKKJgWqPEUaen.jpg

I understand exactly what you mean. I dont think its about useless husbands or having a little moan that they arent doing enough.

I see a lot of double standards. Its ok for women to talk about controlling men and having 'rules'. He isnt allowed to do this or that. But if it was the other way around you would say it was out of order. Thats just one example.

I agree with that... I get quite upset about some comments about men on here. Mainly because my experience is that my mother disappeared and I was raised by my dad on his own and through choice. And Im also incredibly lucky to have a husband like I do. Ive read things about how rubbish dads are, and rubbish men are and 'sperm donor' comments (in a lot of cases I know thats failry said though) and it kind of makes me upset.

Although if all you ever hear from someone is how awful their OH is and nothing nice about him then obviously we'll draw our own concludsions and possibly make comments based on what we know. Which is all the bad stuff!!

x

i agree with sparks i seen the thread you are reffering to and if it was a man that posted that then people would of kicked off big time! :)

i see what you mean though hun and understand why you posted this thread...

xxxx :hugs: xxx

I do find a lots of posts 'anti-men' which makes me sad. I suppose it is just all the hormones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->