I have to share this...can't get the image out of my head!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Lastnight we had some friends round...they have a 5month old baby...such a lovely baby bless him...the parents were telling me how they started feeding him when he just turned 3months...to be honest each for their own i really dont have a opinion on it...when i told them im not feeding my LO yet they told me really i should but its my choice...

Anyway moving on...they stayed the night and i saw them feed their baby (obviously) They were using a spoon but the LO wasnt taking to it so they got the whole bowl and shoved it in the babys mouth...the kid was crying and most of it was ending up on his clothes rather than in his mouth...it really was awful...i asked them how they weaned him but they looked at me really confused...and the bowl was full to the top...it was breaking my heart...poor bubs i just wanted to grab the bowl out of their hand and spoon feed him! I just cant get it out of my head...also they were telling me they dont tell the HV that they've been feeding him from 3months cos they dont need to know...but the HV had questioned why the baby was so overweight...my bubs looked like a newborn next to him bless...and he will be overweight if you are feeding him adult portions or should i say forcing adult portions down his throat!

Im sorry i just had to share that...i just cant believe what i saw...or maybe i just havent seen much :blush:

Like you I think that its each to their own when it comes to weaning. My son started to take small amounts of baby rice for breakfast when he was about 3.5 months, however I knew he was ready because milk wasn't filling him up and he practically took the spoon from me and fed himself :) i'm exagerating a little but you get what I mean. However ..... it seems like your friends are more eager for their baby to eat solids than he is. I don't remember where exactly I read it but I read once that if a baby takes to being spoon fed straight away, they are ready, if they don't they probably aren't ready.

Hopefully they will learn, possibly the hard and messy way though :)

Naimi x

I think im one of those mums who dont like correcting other mums...its all a learning curb and everyone does everything differently...and the way they were doing it was so confident...i just felt so uncomfortable...even my OH was shocked and actually asked me...is that how you feed babys? Lol bless him... xx

poor baby doesnt sound like it wanted to be fed x

Yikes! That doesn't sound good...

I don't understand how they themselves do not realize that showing food down the babies throat isn't good?

that's horrible and makes me want to cry a bit! poor baby.

Oh Dear!
Like you said the time you wean can vary from baby to baby, but that did not sound like lil one was at all ready!
I just hope he doesnt develop "food issues" in the future xXx

yeah i agree you only wean a baby early if they are ready. And he doesn't sound like they are ready, Like poloma said lets hope he doesn't develop a issue with food as he gets older.
And if they are feeding him he should defianlty be fed with a sppon. I don't know how you kept your mouth shut hun. :hug:
xx

oh my god poor baby. I understand some parents. Shoving a bowl into a babies face???????????? Makes me wana smack someone:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

aw thats really horrible, its makes me so sad xxx

:( Poor baby. I think I would have had to say something, not about weaning early but forcing food down the babies mouth :hissy: Poor thing.

Kieran is having food now and loves it :lol: but at first he didn't like it and wouldn't eat off the spoon and cried if I tried so I stopped and tried again the next week and he was better. I wouldn't dream of forcing food on him though :(

oh wow....that is not good!

I agree with Poloma here.

Poor Baby :(

omg! thats heartbreaking, i can't imagine what else they have been doing to the poor child.

And i thought it was just me...im still thinking about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->