I just bought..........

sue_88

Reaction score
my birth pool in a box :happydance: :happydance:

Hopefully I will get to have my sweet baby girl in it :baby:

ooo exciting! we are going to trial ours out tomorrow! are you going to put it up and have a play? :thumbup:

Yeah I think so!

I bought the Regular Plus because I wanted the extra space even though I am not that tall....but I love being in water so will quite enjoy having the extra swimming room!

So I need to figure out where I will put it when the time comes & which furniture needs to be moved!

I'm so excited to get it :happydance:

You can suck your sponges in there now infront of the telly ;-)

Id love a home waterbirth so im well jellous!!

yeah It makes everything seem a bit more real :happydance:
is this your first baby first homebirth? xx

Haha I've been sucking sponges and flannels for weeks now since that post!

I even bought some new ones specifically for the purpose so they weren't used for anything else :blush: :thumbup: hehe.

Yeah first baby, first homebirth, first everything!!! lol super exciting!

Haha I've been sucking sponges and flannels for weeks now since that post!

I even bought some new ones specifically for the purpose so they weren't used for anything else :blush: :thumbup: hehe.

Yeah first baby, first homebirth, first everything!!! lol super exciting!

awww yay first time for me too, hope everything goes well for us both :hugs:

ooo exciting! we are going to trial ours out tomorrow! are you going to put it up and have a play? :thumbup:

How did the trial go!?! :baby: :)

Great thanks! Took 10 minutes to blow up and around 30-40 to fill, we filled it a bit too warm tho (like 43) but it did keep warm for a few hours at that temp. Took a bit more effort from DH to empty but not ages. It was lovely laying in it.... I was just thinking my baby might be born in here soon!
You need to have a go lol it's very relaxing! Xxx

How exciting! We have ours as well and even without the water I keep putting my duvet in it and calling it my nest! It is more comfy to kneel in it and lean over the edge in the evenings than to sit on the ball etc. Also like getting used to it being part of the room and the birth space. Can't wait! This last bit drags so much!

I daren't leave it up my cats will be all over it lol. I found it still a bit hard in the knees when lent over the side so any suggestions for under the pool to make it a bit softer? Xx

What about a folded duvet underneath? Then have that all covered with your protective sheets?

I'm really looking forward to pumping mine up, how long did it take to put down?

Do you have the bigger one or the mini? X

How did the trial go!?! :baby: :)

Great thanks! Took 10 minutes to blow up and around 30-40 to fill, we filled it a bit too warm tho (like 43) but it did keep warm for a few hours at that temp. Took a bit more effort from DH to empty but not ages. It was lovely laying in it.... I was just thinking my baby might be born in here soon!
You need to have a go lol it's very relaxing! Xxx

Wow only 40 min to fill im impressed!!
Do you have a combi boiler?

Yes we have a fairly new combi boiler, we turned the temp of the water up to max (62) we could of done it quicker if we had done it cooler, it was far too hot to start with! I was surprised too!
With DH emptying with a bucket & the pump it took around 20 mins to empty then left it to air dry while we went for a walk. A lot less hassle than I though. We have the Aqua born in mini, I am 5ft9 and I had loads of room!
The duvet is a good idea, thanks! Xxx

oh it took about 5-10 mins to deflate :thumbup:

here is a pic xxx

Attachments

• birth pool.jpg
    birth pool.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 12
So exciting!!!

I don't think I am going to put water in mine for the trial.....I'm by myself you see & not fancying the hassle of emptying it. Maybe I'll have a 2nd trial run when my mum visits in a couple of weeks & fill it then!

Eeeee x

yeah defo don't do it alone! to empty all the water you need one to lift the pool up and one to empty, at least that's what we did. It is so exciting :happydance:

Well guess what I did......................I inflated it !!!! :D

I was SO impressed! Less than 10 mins up, and less than 10 mins down!

And the sides aren't as high as I thought they were going to be so my mind is less freaking out about getting out the tub with the cord & placenta still attached to me as I don't want the cord cut until the placenta has been delivered.

Here's a picture.....will need to re-arrange my lounge when the time comes but have mentally done it in my head so that's easy enough to do. LOVE IT :happydance: :happydance:

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/75934505-D485-4889-AB78-CECB706943E2-472-000001407413F8AF_zps73b82bea.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->