i just phoned the police

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
on my 10 year old son

i feel like such a crap mum but he been out today with his 2 younger brothers(8 and 9) and he has gone into someones shed and stole another childs bike. i am absolutely mortified

he was 'hanging' round with 2 of the local lads who are little sods(i didnt know he was with them) and i think he has took the bike to try and impress them

he hasnt come home with the bike they(the 2 lads) have taken it to their house but at the end of the day he stole it

the younger 2 werent involved but they saw it all and told me when they came in later on that these 2 lads had threatened them with a sledgehammer and said if they told theyd be dead

i just dont know what to do with him he is a demon child. im quite a strict mum , ive never been in any trouble and neither have the lads until now
but i wont put up with thieving so ive reported the whole incident to the police

it might sound harsh to some and believe me it was hard but if i dont put a stop to it now in a few years he could be out nicking cars or anything

do you think ive done right am agonising over it now?

:hugs: I am not sure what to say probably because I am not at that stage yet, but I didn't want to read and run. :hugs:

You have certainly done the rite thing, whether he was inpressing any1 or not. Theft is theft, and if its not nipped in the bud it can only escalate.

Well done.

V x x

I would have done the same. Teach the boy a lesson, then he'll realise what he's done. But you cant just blame it on him you have to look at what the others could have done.

I agree, my dad did the same thing with my sister. She stole a Tarzan teddy from tescos so he took her to the police station and they gave her the shock of her life.
She hasn't done it since, and that was 7 years ago.

x

I think you've done the right thing. When you read it, it sounds harsh as he's only 10.. but if you really think about it, he will learn from this and you have shown him that you will take action if he steps out of line.

Don't beat yourself up about it, as you said it may only escalate in the future so you have done what you think is best.:hugs:

I totally agree with you. I would have done the same thing.

Don't feel bad for being a good mum :)

you did the right thing. My brother stole my car at 14 and wrecked it. The police came out and scared the bejesus out of him and he was a different person after that. I hope you are so lucky. Don't beat yourself up, you can only teach him the right path, doesn't mean he is going to take it.

i would have done the same hun dont worry your doing the right thing xxxx

I would have done the same, especially with a child at that age. Hope he learns his lesson! :hugs:

I would have done the same, might scare him if the police are involved.
But i would punish all of them.

Well done! I would have done the same thing!! :hug: Hope he learns his lesson xx

Yep hun like the others have said i would have done and will do the same if the need arises.

You need to stop him whilst hes young .... give your self a pat on the back hun, being a mum can be the toughest job in the world and sometimes you need plenty of back bone to do the right thing which you obviously have xxxxx

You definatly done the right thing. Although i am a very strict mum from my own upbringing id be carrying out a very stern punishment at home too.

I'd also drag him round there to apologise to the family and the child. THink the humiliation of it all might get through to him.

God forbid my daughter ever do anything that stupid she will be in for the shock of her life....

You definately did the right thing hun, might shock him into not doing it again. It was very brave of you and I hope if Im ever in the same situation Ill be able to do the same thing.

xxx

Definitely did the right thing hun. Don't beat yourself up over it. I hope he has learned his lesson xxx

you definately did the right thing, might teach him a valuable lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->