I just want that extra hour!!

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I'm just feeling sorry for myself really, :blush:

As hubby sleeps soundly upstairs before he gets up for work at 6:30, I have been up since 5, as thats the new time LO has decided she'd like to wake now!!

It used to be bang on 6am and I was hoping it would get later but no it's got earlier! And 5am is not a good time for me lol!!

I can't complain really she does do 6:30 till 5/5:30, I tried putting her to bed at 7 last night but she still woke at 5 :wacko:

The worst thing is on holiday she was sleeping till 7!! What can i do to get that at home?!

Going off now to dream of a baby that doesn't wake with the break of sun :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Can you leave little one in the cot for a while or does she go mad?

The reason I ask is my lo went through a phase of waking at 5 and I read that if you leave them in the cot and feed them later they readjust.

I let lo coo and play in the got until he got fed up but would never get him out of bed until after 6 then try and delay feeding him until 7 (strangely he was never bothered about) after a week he was back waking at 6.15ish.

Do you have a blackout blind? Our DD started waking an hour early last week (5:30 instead of 6:30) and she sleeps the extra hour again now.

Why doesn't your DH get up at 5 sometimes? It's his child too! :) If he's worries about being tired for work, he could go to bed earlier the night before.

Im in the same situation exactly. Only i have a two year old as well, so Zach gets up at 5 and would probably go back to sleep after a bottle, but i dont see the point as id feed him get back into bed and then she comes in after about 45 mins. Leaves you feeling more drained. Hope you get a nice lay in soon... :)

I have blackout blind, and i tried changing bum and feeding, and leaving her but she just goes mad standing up at her cot.

And hubby does get up with her at 5, just today was his first day of a new job, untill now we've been taking it in turns.

I'm just tired coz I do nights so couldn't get to sleep last after coming off them, then the new 5am wake up call didn't go down well!!

oh its so annoying all my lot get up so early :( maddies new time is 3.30am at the mo but she was going till 5-6am my others did the same so early but now its not as early :) it is grim though sorry i don't have any advice lol x

oh its so annoying all my lot get up so early :( maddies new time is 3.30am at the mo but she was going till 5-6am my others did the same so early but now its not as early :) it is grim though sorry i don't have any advice lol x

Thats ok, I think it's just a phase... hopefully! I know early mornings are all part of it, so roll on sleeping till 6:30 at least :haha:

Do you have a blackout blind? That may help if you don't. Also agree with LPF, sometimes Louie wakes at 5ish but I leave him for 20 mins and he'll drop off again until half 7. Unless he is crying, I don't go into his room until a reasonable hour lol xxx

Tabitha went thru a 4am phase, if she sounded agitated I'd give her the dummy. Luckily she never seemed to be hungry as I didn't want to get into the habit of 4 am feeding! (please don't misunderstand, I will feed her when she moans for it!) even this morning it was 5:45 but she took her dummy and slept again til 8!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->