I know I'a a goo mom but people still make me feel like....

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
People still make me feel like I'm not doing the right thing for my baby.
My baby is 4 months old and he's healthy and happy. The doctor is happy with him..
Of course looking after your baby sometimes you make mistakes and you wish you have done differently, but nobody';s perfect.
I know I'm a good mom and i'm doing a great job
Anyway, mil said i should start weaning him now because he's teething and it will help calm him down and he's big enough bla bla bla...
or i shouldn't co-sleep... should put him in his cot when he naps during the day(now i put him on my bed with pillows around him)
i should leave him cry when he';s awake at night for 5 min. (i can;t do that, he gets so upset)
he shouldn't get up AT ALL at night at his age..4 months ? :hissy:
i shouldn't feed him every time he wakes up at night, should give him his dummy...when he cries i should give him his dummy...

you know this is getting on me now. She means well but i feel like she's telling me if i don;t do that i'm a bad mom.
I said to her as long as baby is healthy and happy then that should be enough. Can;t expect every babies to do everything by the book or the chart.

i told her when he wakes up i like to be there even know i don;t pick him up straight away. I just go to him and say hello or talk and play with him and make him happy. He';s upset if wakes up and no one's around or can't hear his mummy

Sorry I;m not perfect but I'm a good mom for my baby and I love him

Bottom Line. You know your baby better than ANYONE else. Dont let what someone says question your parenting abilities. It sounds like you are doing a great job. As long as your child isn't in danger, no one should step in to tell you what THEY think you are doing wrong. Do it your own way !!! :)

My mom makes me feel like this too.

I can't dress her "right".
I don't warm her bottles enough, or I warm them too much (they're fine, she likes them a little cooler).
I don't hold her right (as she made clear when I was holding her in the mall in front of a lot of people the other day)
I want her to sleep in my bed with me but "of course...everyone else can put their babies in their own cribs but you have to be different"
I never know when she's hungry...everytime she cries she obviously has gas.

I know how you feel. Its ridiculous and all I can say is that we're their mothers and we know what our babies need and what is best for them!!! Cheer up and ignore her :D

People still make me feel like I'm not doing the right thing for my baby.
My baby is 4 months old and he's healthy and happy. The doctor is happy with him..
Of course looking after your baby sometimes you make mistakes and you wish you have done differently, but nobody';s perfect.
I know I'm a good mom and i'm doing a great job
Anyway, mil said i should start weaning him now because he's teething and it will help calm him down and he's big enough bla bla bla...
or i shouldn't co-sleep... should put him in his cot when he naps during the day(now i put him on my bed with pillows around him)
i should leave him cry when he';s awake at night for 5 min. (i can;t do that, he gets so upset)
he shouldn't get up AT ALL at night at his age..4 months ? :hissy:
i shouldn't feed him every time he wakes up at night, should give him his dummy...when he cries i should give him his dummy...

you know this is getting on me now. She means well but i feel like she's telling me if i don;t do that i'm a bad mom.
I said to her as long as baby is healthy and happy then that should be enough. Can;t expect every babies to do everything by the book or the chart.

i told her when he wakes up i like to be there even know i don;t pick him up straight away. I just go to him and say hello or talk and play with him and make him happy. He';s upset if wakes up and no one's around or can't hear his mummy

Sorry I;m not perfect but I'm a good mom for my baby and I love him

Take it from me your whole post oozes with love for your little man and what your doing is what every mum goes through - trial and error. Theres no set rules on babies. They are all unique.

Tell your mil to mind her own, ive seen this a lot where in laws bully and itsnot nice. Your his mum and you know whats best for him!

Every mother is different and has a different way of doing things. My OH's family were like this with me at first...they were not supportive at all, they just kept criticising everything i did...it really started getting me down and made me doubt myself as a mother. However deep down we all know we do our best and once again not all mothers do things the same way! As long as if you your baby is loved, cared for and happy the put it in one hear out of the other :)

I have replyed to your thread in the weaning section aswell hun...you sound like a lovely mum, just go with your gut instinct not your mil's xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->