i know im being dumb..

MomPepperdine

Reaction score
but I'm soooo scared I'm going to have Noah James on the side of the road!

My first was 8 hrs and 30 mins of pushing. My 2nd was 2 hrs of labor and less then a min of pushing and I didn't even really know I was in labor for most of it till I started bleeding :/

Well since we live pretty far from the hospital and home births aren't really done around here (not something id like anyways) my dr agreed to induce me early. Now both my girls were late but I just feel like Noah will just want to come early :/ dh is fine having to catch the baby he is amazed by labor and all so that's not a prob for him but its stressing me the heck out! Ahhh!

Just had to get that out lol

I would have my hospital bag ready in the car and go to the hospital at the first sign of a contraction lol

Right that's the thing I don't notice the contractions. They just feel like the everyday back cramps and I don't notice my tummy getting hard!

I know you don't want a home birth but I think it may be a good idea to have some plastic sheeting and old sheets ready 'just in case'.
Fingers crossed everything goes as planned for you x

I dont notice contractions either while my waters are intact, I got to 8cms without having a clue!! Id be over cautious if I were you and be tempted to ask for induction closer to 37 or 38 weeks than later. But.. If baby is born on the side of the road then im sure you won't be the first and definitely won't be the last! Just keep a mobile phone with you and call an ambulance!!

I dont notice contractions either while my waters are intact, I got to 8cms without having a clue!! Id be over cautious if I were you and be tempted to ask for induction closer to 37 or 38 weeks than later. But.. If baby is born on the side of the road then im sure you won't be the first and definitely won't be the last! Just keep a mobile phone with you and call an ambulance!!

You got to 8cm without noticing?!!! I'm so jealous lol.

I always say I want a quick labor but I want it to be long enough that I have time to get to the hospital, DH can come home if he's at work etc. I don't think you're being silly to worry about delivering road side!

You got to 8cm without noticing?!!! I'm so jealous lol.

I always say I want a quick labor but I want it to be long enough that I have time to get to the hospital, DH can come home if he's at work etc. I don't think you're being silly to worry about delivering road side!

yeah I had absolutely no idea!! It was only when i noticed, at 8cms that my back ache was coming and going and i had the over whelming urge to cry and cry and cry that i called the MW! But when my waters went.. I definitely knew i was contracting then!! Went from 0% pain to the worst pain ever in 30 seconds!!

I pretty much did the same thing mrsgards!
If I go into labor when dh is at work I'm screwed lol he is about 50 mins to an hr away. And if I do have him on the side of the road it will prob be an area with no signal! Lots of dead spots out here!

I'm trying to prep myself mentally to have the baby at home alone but idk what ill do with the girls! I don't want them to see me like that and none of the doors have locks on them! Oh goodness lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->