I know I'm being superficial....

sailing_girl

Wife and mummy!
Reaction score
...but I'm really sensitive about the bald spot of the back of my daughter's head! She does not spend long periods of time on her back or in her carseat and for awhile I couldn't figure out WHY she was losing the hair on the back of her head. Then, last night when i peeked in on her before I went to bed, I noticed that she was rubbing her head back and forth IN HER SLEEP! I'm not sure what to do. I put her on her side for her naps but at night, she sleeps on her back. We're working on having her enjoy tummy time more and she's quite independent - she likes to lie on her play mat and kick or smile at herself in the mirror. Any advice? Anyone else know what to do about the bald spot? When will it go away??

Its normal for babies to lose hair. Summer came out with loads and hers is still shedding. It will grow back

My LO does the same- big bald spot too. apparently as they start to sit it starts to grow back- until then we are just going to have to put up with it. Most babies have little or no hair on the back of their heads so dont worry.

My LO had this too... its now starting to grow back :) x

My LO has quite a large bald patch at the back of her head for the same exact reason. Laying in bed at night with her next to me I can hear her head rubbing back and forth on the mattress. I don't know why she does it but she rubbed herself bald. I thought her hair was falling out for awhile because I was finding it all over the sheet until I realized she wasn't losing it anywhere else beside the very back where she rubs

Sorry for being daft, but what exactly do you want advice about?

I assumed most babies get a bald patch and it is where they rub their head on the cot mattress :flower:x

Aww, most babies get a bald spot! It's just hair, it will grow. (better than a flat spot!)

My LO just looks bald!!! She's got fine white blonde hair all over, but looks bald unless you look up close lol

If you go on amazon, I am sure they sell baby wigs

Yup my babba had it bad, but it's starting to grow back now.

Ok, glad to hear that it's normal that my LO is rubbing her head back and forth at night.

@going_crazy- I guess I was/am looking for ways that ppl have perhaps reduced the amount of hair loss. Also, not all babies get the bald spot- i have two friends with LOs the same age as mine and both of them have massive amounts of hair and no bald spots. Maybe it's a fine hair thing...

Did your baby only have a little bit of hair? My LOs got hair but not a lot and not thick...maybe some types of hair rub off easier than others

https://www.mugshot-gifts.com/acatalog/Baby_Wigs.html

Just what you have always wanted!

Fran was born with lots of hair and most of it fell out - she had a patch all the way round her head! Her moses basket sheets would have big clumps of it on them.

Now she's got such lovely thick hair - I can't believe how much it's grown in the last 3 months!

Its winter now anyway so they have to wear hats when they go out. Voila problem solved and by the time its warm enough to take it off lo will have lovely thick hair.

Did your baby only have a little bit of hair? My LOs got hair but not a lot and not thick...maybe some types of hair rub off easier than others

She had quite a bit of hair when she was born but it's really thin...I'm noticing that it's lightening up a lot now, especially at the front of her head (and of course near her bald spot!). I'm thinking that thin hair must rub off easier then thicker...curses on my hubby for his thin hair! :p

U can buy a flat head pillow Hun,they have holes inw the middle so the back of the head does not go flat and I'm assuming the spot that is bald will then b free and the hair should grow back xx

Here are some pics of Fran. The first one was newborn with lots of lovely dark hair. The second was about 4 months old - you can see how thin it is. She had a couple of lovely bald patches that you can't see properly from the angle she's at lol. The 3rd is 6 months and the last one was a couple of days ago!

So don't worry hun, it's normal for babies hair to fall out and it will grow back nicely xx

My baby has lots of hair still she lost some... But Mostly in the back lol It will grow back her hair is growing back in full force.. I love putting bows in her hair lol I have about 200 bows she wears one everyday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->