I know it's early to worry, but an A/C question!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi girls! My house does not have central air, we have the boiler/radiator system of heating (not as common in Canada, everyone has regular furnaces and most people have central air conditioning!). We use the window air conditioning units in my house, and my bedroom (that I will be sharing with the baby) is on the 2nd storey of our house.

I'm concerned about keeping the room the right temperature during the summer, as it can get quite hot upstairs in the summer, but the air conditioning can make it very cold!

Looking for advice/suggestions about whether or not I should have the air conditioner in this summer, if I should use windows, buy a different type of air conditioning unit, etc.

Hopefully someone's got an answer out there !!

ive herd its better to be abit cold for babys rather then to hot as you can just add layers but obviously ther is only a certain amount you can take off. now my place is like a boiler in the summer its awfull but bubs wil be round 6/7months thn xx

In my experience opening the windows doesn't do much when you get over 25 degrees(as my very pregnant self learnt this summer)!!! I would get a high speed fan. I bought a really good quality one over the summer and it can make it as cold as air conditioning (we had a heat wave summer, almost close to 40 degrees every day for a month where I am). That way if you need to, you can scale it back quickly? Nobody here has air conditioners because theres usually no need for it, we all survive!! :D

In my experience opening the windows doesn't do much when you get over 25 degrees(as my very pregnant self learnt this summer)!!! I would get a high speed fan. I bought a really good quality one over the summer and it can make it as cold as air conditioning (we had a heat wave summer, almost close to 40 degrees every day for a month where I am). That way if you need to, you can scale it back quickly? Nobody here has air conditioners because theres usually no need for it, we all survive!! :D

LOL it's so humid here somedays :( I know it's in the house so it's different but we have TONS of heat alerts and smog advisories.. will try the fan first I guess before going for my AC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->