I know its late. But today i took the first giant step

mommatoabeaut

Momma of 3
Reaction score
I have been a smoker since the age of 12. A heavy smoker at that.
But tomorrow is the start of a healthier life for me. I dont smoke around my son but i know the horrible chemicals are still on my clothes after having a ciggie and they can be quite harmful to him. And theres my little girl inside. I smoked through my first pregnancy, and he came at 41w weighing 6lb 15oz. I have tried throughout this pregnancy to quit on myself, and tryed using the electeonic cigarettes but i failed :( i now have the patches and mouth mist and my OH is quitting with me so im hoping the extra support will get me through this

Good luck hun :hugs:
You can do this! I used to smoke as well, and I quit when I was around 13wks pregnant. It was the best decision I ever made, I feel so much happier and healthier, and it gives you something to be massively proud of. I have every faith in you. Well done to your OH as well for quitting with you!

Took me a while to post here. Ive seen some people post about smoking and getting fully bollocked by alot of ladies lol. I hope i can get through it this time. Just hope i dont replace ciggys with food and end up piling on a shed load of weight.

Good for you I know its not easy I went through the same thing with m 2 old children. Smoked through both and they came out at 7.9 and 6.12 at 40 weeks and are as healthy as can be. They are 13 and 14 now. You can do even cutting down will help huge. Don't get mad at yourself or discouraged just keep trying. Funny thing is I didn't smoke with my 11 month old and he only weighed 5.9 at 39 weeks. You can do it just be strong and positive. I proud of you for this!!!!!!

Congratulations on taking the first step.

I was a heavy smoker and me and my OH quite when i found out i was expecting. Best decision i have ever made!

I used to get horrible colds that would go straight to my chest and usually end in an infection. Last cold just dissapeared!

I feel a lot fresher too.

Im not going to lie i have some days when im climbing the wall but i find a distraction e.g something fun to do/buy for new baby and it takes my mind off it.

It will be mich easier woth the both of you giving up!

I wish you all the luck in the world x

I've never been a smoker so can't appreciate how hard it is to quit. But well done for trying to stop smoking throughout your pregnancy! And well done on your OH trying to stop with you now. I imagine this will help immensely. I don't think it's too late at all. Your whole family will benefit from this no matter when you stop. Good luck :thumbup:

That's great, you can do it! Smoked two a day with dd and quit as soon as I found out with this one at 4 weeks. Dh quit with me this time and I think that's what made it easier. He started again, but at that point I was over it. I have been a constant smoker since 14 so a while, long time. Not going to lie it was a struggle, but you can do it :)

Don't go fretting about gaining weight. It can be lost and is healthier for baby than smoke :) think what riles women on here is when someone is persistent and blasé about it or saying it is not a big deal x

Took me a while to post here. Ive seen some people post about smoking and getting fully bollocked by alot of ladies lol. I hope i can get through it this time. Just hope i dont replace ciggys with food and end up piling on a shed load of weight.

Some people will always be quick to judge, and yes in an ideal world no one would smoke a single cigarette ever let alone during pregnancy! But also in an ideal world, we wouldn't drink so much or eat so much unhealthy food or constantly breathe in polluted air either!
The important thing is that you're trying, and everyone should respect you for that!
As for not replacing the fags with food, maybe you could have a jar you put the money you save not smoking in and every week/fortnight/whatever you could do something nice with your OH as a treat? Or find something you want to buy (for yourselves, the baby, the house etc) and then save up to get it using the money you save. That way maybe you won't replace smoking with eating because you'll have something bigger and better to focus on so you can use it as a reminder as well :) might not work but maybe worth a try! :)

Good for you and good luck!! Your babies will so appreciate what you and OH are doing for them!!!

I quit about 10 years ago. It was incredibly difficult but one of the best things that I ever did for myself. I gained probably 15 pounds while quitting, but looking back, so what. Getting that weight off was a lot easier than quitting smoking.

Bloody well done!

It's a horrible habit and one that feels near on impossible to quit but when you do - I know - it's sooo worth it!

And a super well done to OH too - it makes things so much easier when there's no smokers in the house. You'll find it much easier going now, I promise! :flower:

I used to smoke but have stopped for every pregnancy. However, I've always made the mistake of starting again - but this time my husband stopped too - so neither of us will be starting again - ever - huzzah! :thumbup: :happydance:

Good for you!!
Hope it's easy, just stay as focused as you can on that lo. Lots of luck to you x

Thanks ladies :)
I hope i dont slip up tomorrow and can keep strong.

An accidental slip up is just that....accidental. Don't beat yourself up if that happens to happen, but keep thinking about your reasons and your goals and you'll get there soon enough :flower:

Wishing u all the best :) u have alot to live for and u need to do this for urself as well as ur kids :) I gave up the day i found my bfp.Its tough some days but i feel so much healthier

Thanks ladies :)
I hope i dont slip up tomorrow and can keep strong.

An accidental slip up is just that....accidental. Don't beat yourself up if that happens to happen, but keep thinking about your reasons and your goals and you'll get there soon enough :flower:

Yes! Don't beat yourself up over a slip up because you're more likely to lose willpower. Just chalk it down to experience and try again :)

congratz hun youve took the biggest step to quitting, even though i quit on bfp it is hard and every so often now my hands will still wonder. I feel alot better for it now and coughing now has gone. Dont let anyone put you down for it doesnt matter when you quit its that your doing it :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->